How Do I Sync My Music To My Droid

dkonkol

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I just recently switched from the iPhone to the Motorola Droid. I have been trying to figure out how to sync my music to my Droid. I plug in my phone to my computer using the USB cable, and I open up Windows Media Player but the Sync button is grayed out. :mad: Is there some sort of app I have to use? PLEASE HELP!!!!
Also, I read on another thread that someone is using their iTunes...do I have to use Windows Media Player or can I use my iTunes to transfer my music.

Thanks ALL!!!

Neicy :icon_ banana:

buddys10

Reaction score
How to do it

You have to go to the notifications and click mont the SD Card it should work then

OP
D

dkonkol

Reaction score
Thank you, but I believe my SD card is already mounted b/c I went to Settings>SDCard & Phone Storage and my only option is to Unmount SD card. This leads me to believe that my SD card is already mounted...???

buddys10

Reaction score
i understand what ur saying

I understand what u are saying but u must got to the click the button on the button of the phone that take u to he notifications it will have a ! above it click on that and it will take u to a part that shows the USB pic click on it and click mount it will then allow u to sync what u want

Fraxinus

Reaction score
You have to go to the notifications and click mont the SD Card it should work then

What buddys10 is referring to will only allow you to drag and drop your music onto your phone. After mounting your phone as a USB device on your computer, simply open the drive and drag your music files onto it (I made a folder structure like: /Media/Audio/MP3s to put the music into).

This is a really easy way to simply dump music files onto your phone - it will do the rest by scanning and indexing your music when you fire up the music player. If what you are looking for is something that will sync your music like iTunes, then this method won't do it for you. Personally I simply drag and drop, so I'm not very familiar with other options. I think what you probably want is a program (for your computer, not your phone) called Doubletwist (try googling it). This plugin will allow iTunes to sync with other devices beyond just apple products. Anyone using this who can comment? Hope that helps :)

Densbar

Reaction score
Music to your phone

I just bought my Droid yesterday. Today, I began to tackle putting my itunes music to my phone. The short version is... I WAS SUCCESSFUL !
I found some YouTube videos that were helpful. However, I was totally clueless as to if the files were actually transferring, their progress and when all of the songs were on the phone. I am used to itunes and an itouch, with synching notifications. Is there a way to tell the files are actually transferring, and when they are finished? When you are finished, is there actually a way to "Unmount", or do you simply unplug the phone?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
doubletwist

^This. It's not WMP, but it will allow you to sync any flash drive to your PC, sort of like iTunes, but without the headache introduced by Apple and their stuff...