How do I switch feeds in Facebook

Plastics

Reaction score
When I enter Facebook the menu has the option of NEWS FEED. When I am on that page, how do I then switch to LIVE FEED ? I have to switch between the two feeds on my computer to see all activites, but can't seem to do it from my Droid. Suggestions???

E

EntropikOne

i believe the facebook application on the droid only displays the live feed

JayMonster

Reaction score
Just did a compare of the two feeds, and it does seem that despite it being called "News Feed" (remember it was written before the change) that EntropikOneis correct and that what you see is in fact equivalent to the Live Feed (which is good, because at least in my estimation, "News Feed" as it is currently constituted on Facebook is actually broken)

spalding12

Reaction score
the facebook app for android is SUBstandard to say the very least
hopefullly a MAJOR overhaul/update will be coming soon
there is no mobile platform that has a worse facebook app

JayMonster

Reaction score

Just curious... have you checked out the clusterF***k that is the WinMo app? Or are we not considering that a major platform any longer? lol

I agree it is substandard and have always wondered if this was retribution for Google cutting the advertising deal with Myspace.

spalding12

Reaction score

Just curious... have you checked out the clusterF***k that is the WinMo app? Or are we not considering that a major platform any longer? lol

I agree it is substandard and have always wondered if this was retribution for Google cutting the advertising deal with Myspace.

yes.... i forgot about that one
even my treo 755p (palm platform) had a better facebook app

AND.....
for whatever reason
pictures directly uploaded to my page are 4 times LARGER when they come from my treo, than when they come from my droid

why on earth would THAT be?

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I just use the browser to go to facebook.com. It then redirects you to touch.facebook.com. Much better than the stock app. At the bottom of touch.facebook.com there is a link if you want to go to the full facebook.com. If you are using the Dolphin browser you can even set it to automatically go to facebook.com.

dbol

Reaction score
I use Bloo... it's almost fully featured, with the exception that you cannot send Inbox messages (because the Facebook API does not allow it).

bamfsig45

Reaction score
I use Bloo... it's almost fully featured, with the exception that you cannot send Inbox messages (because the Facebook API does not allow it).

But with Bloo I get a lot of crap that I have blocked in the News Feed on the website, like fish ville, farm ville, chicken wars (haha JK on that one) and all that other spam crap.

OP
P

Plastics

Reaction score
Thank you for the clarification. On a different subject, do you know how to save a picture to the gallery when it was sent from another phone to my Droid? I can't find a "save to" option.

checker555

Reaction score
I just use the browser to go to facebook.com. It then redirects you to touch.facebook.com. Much better than the stock app. At the bottom of touch.facebook.com there is a link if you want to go to the full facebook.com. If you are using the Dolphin browser you can even set it to automatically go to facebook.com.
Agreed. Facebook's own mobile page is really pretty good, especially compared to the stock app.