How do I stop Verizon back up assistan coming up when connecting to computer

fingaz

Reaction score
How do I stop Verizon opening a this website everytime I connect my D4 up to my computer??? Its annyone and useless.

Reaction score
Plug your phone into computer for usb mass storage. Watch for the little moto helper icon to pop up in your taskbar tray on the computer. Right click on the icon and then select "do nothing" for when connected. It will not pop up anymore.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

zertsman

Reaction score
Hmmmm. All mine does is charge. How do i get to turn on storage?

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

Reaction score
When you plug the phones in, there will be an icon in the notification area of the phone, pull down the notification bar, touch the usb notification, select usb mass storage, then ok.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

droidbound

Reaction score
I got a question along the same line: Does anybody know what the difference between "PC Mode" and "Mass Storage" is when you connect it to your PC?

jigawatt

Reaction score
I don't even get that to pop up. All I see is that my phone charges. Windows does not recognize the phone, doesn't even attempt to find drivers. (Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit)

droidbound

Reaction score
I don't even get that to pop up. All I see is that my phone charges. Windows does not recognize the phone, doesn't even attempt to find drivers. (Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit)

You have to mount the Droid as a mass storage device. Otherwise Windows will not be able to see it. Are you familiar with the notification bar? It's on top of your screen. Pull it down and when the Droid is connected via USB it should have an item like: manage USB connection. Tap that and you'll get the pop up. Select "mass storage" and then you should be able to see your internal storage and SD card as two seperate drives in Win Explorer. No drivers are needed. Hope this helps.

droidbound

Reaction score
USB mounting

I got a question along the same line: Does anybody know what the difference between "PC Mode" and "Mass Storage" is when you connect it to your PC?

Well I answered part of my own question. In PC Mode the only thing you can access is that MotoCast "drive". To get to your data you have to use USB Mass Storage.
Kinda embarrasing, I noticed this has been there at least since Droid 3, maybe earlier. But since I figure I'm not the only one coming from a Droid 1, I thought I post anyway.
Anything else "PC Mode" is good for? I read something about tethering, but I am using PDA Net for that anyway.

jigawatt

Reaction score
The problem is that the phone only charges, it does not even attempt to show me anything in the notification bar.

Now, come to find out... the new USB cable must be magically different from every other USB A male/ Micro USB B Male cable on the market, because it ONLY works with the cable that came with the phone.

I am baffled... every other cable I have worked for my original droid, but not for the droid 4. The pinout should NOT be any different on this cable... or I would at least imagine it to not be different (that would suck if the new cable is proprietary)

Last edited:
OP
F

fingaz

Reaction score
The problem is that the phone only charges, it does not even attempt to show me anything in the notification bar.

Now, come to find out... the new USB cable must be magically different from every other USB A male/ Micro USB B Male cable on the market, because it ONLY works with the cable that came with the phone.

I am baffled... every other cable I have worked for my original droid, but not for the droid 4. The pinout should NOT be any different on this cable... or I would at least imagine it to not be different (that would suck if the new cable is proprietary)

Do you have an SD Card installed in the back by the battery? If not, it will only just charge. These phones don't come with a memory card already in them.

thumps420

Reaction score
Pc mode is for internal storage..usb mode is for sdcard ext.. make sence?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jigawatt

Reaction score
Do you have an SD Card installed in the back by the battery? If not, it will only just charge. These phones don't come with a memory card already in them.

Of course I have it installed... read what you quoted... mainly this part: Now, come to find out... the new USB cable must be magically different from every other USB A male/ Micro USB B Male cable on the market, because it ONLY works with the cable that came with the phone.

zertsman

Reaction score
I had to use the new cable as well. The generic cable i used everyday with my X will not work with my 4.