How do I stop the "Disconnect your Charger" notification

DJTURNz

Reaction score
I always put my phone on the charger overnight and use it as my alarm. At some point when it is finished charging, it wakes up and announces DROID!. I look at the screen and it says "the phone is charged, to conserve electricty unplug your charger now"

I didn't ask for a hippie tree-hugger phone. How do I stop this notification ? I don;t care about the message, but waking me up isn't what I want, so how do I silence it? I would rather only receive calls or texts at night, no other notifications.

Blacksantron

Reaction score
I coulda typed that word for word. I too would like that taken care of.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Terri M

Reaction score
I always put my phone on the charger overnight and use it as my alarm. At some point when it is finished charging, it wakes up and announces DROID!. I look at the screen and it says "the phone is charged, to conserve electricty unplug your charger now"

I didn't ask for a hippie tree-hugger phone. How do I stop this notification ? I don;t care about the message, but waking me up isn't what I want, so how do I silence it? I would rather only receive calls or texts at night, no other notifications.

Go into your Settings > Sound > Uncheck the Battery Full Notification

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Blacksantron

Reaction score
I hate it when it's that simple.....

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
D

DJTURNz

Reaction score
I saw that yesterday, but it was gray'd out, so I thought maybe that was a setting only root users could change. Though it may have been plugged in at the time. I don;t have a wall charger to try it, but I wonder if it's gray'd out while it's pluged in?

Anyway, I unchecked it now, so I'll see tomorrow.

ACoop

Reaction score

My phone does the same thing, however it is a woman telling me to please take notice that my battery is fully charged. I have unchecked the battery full notification and it STILL wakes me up every night. HELP!!

dutch724

Reaction score
put your phone on vibrate/sound off and the alarm will still sound, but you won't hear anything else from the phone.

wmdrummond

Reaction score
My phone does the same thing, however it is a woman telling me to please take notice that my battery is fully charged. I have unchecked the battery full notification and it STILL wakes me up every night. HELP!!

You are using a third party battery manager app. I have the same lady that tells me that my phone is charged in some kind of Brittish/Asian accent.

The one I use is "Battery Booster." Open the app, then click on the top right icon for "Performance" that looks like a pie chart. Then click on the "On Battery Full." Uncheck the "Enable Battery Full Beep" That should fix her! <bad pun>

OP
D

DJTURNz

Reaction score
Occasionally I get another weird symptom. When my battery charges to 90%, the green LED comes on. Sometimes, it stays on. Sometimes (very rarely) that green LED will be lit when I am not plugged in and my battery is well below 90%. Usually power cycling the phone fixes this, but who wants to do that. Last night it was at 30% and the green light was on solid, and it would not go away. So I held the power button and put it into SLEEP MODE instead. The light went out, and when I woke it back up, it did not light up again. It's not a fix, but it's an easy enough work around.

wmdrummond

Reaction score
I miss the ability to completely control that LED on the X2. I downloaded an app for my Blackberry Tour that let me pretty much do whatever I wanted to do with it. The Droid apps only kind of work for the LED. Another feature I miss that was on the BB was the ability to assign ringtones to individual contacts for both calls AND text messages. I have gone through 5 or 6 different Droid apps trying to find one that will work, but they all require turning off the native text message notifications. When you do that, the only text messages that notify you are the ones that you set up with special ringtones. I just want to be able to use the default for everyone else.

I know... I am spoiled at being able to mod my phones anyway I want when five years ago it was considered awesome just to be able to add your own MIDI sounds as ringtones. :blink:

bradleonard

Reaction score
I miss the ability to completely control that LED on the X2. I downloaded an app for my Blackberry Tour that let me pretty much do whatever I wanted to do with it. The Droid apps only kind of work for the LED. Another feature I miss that was on the BB was the ability to assign ringtones to individual contacts for both calls AND text messages. I have gone through 5 or 6 different Droid apps trying to find one that will work, but they all require turning off the native text message notifications. When you do that, the only text messages that notify you are the ones that you set up with special ringtones. I just want to be able to use the default for everyone else.

I know... I am spoiled at being able to mod my phones anyway I want when five years ago it was considered awesome just to be able to add your own MIDI sounds as ringtones. :blink:

Drummond, have you tried Handcent? It's the most popular texting app, and it lets you assign notifications to individual contacts along with allowing you to setup a default notification for all other texts. You just have to turn off the notifications in the stock messaging app. Handcent may even do that on it's own now.

wmdrummond

Reaction score
Hi Brad Thanks. Yes, I tried Handcent and GO SMS. Both have interesting features - probably more than I will ever try. From what I could find, none let you control the LED. Maybe you have to get the paid version to do that?

03civicdx

Reaction score
Hi Brad Thanks. Yes, I tried Handcent and GO SMS. Both have interesting features - probably more than I will ever try. From what I could find, none let you control the LED. Maybe you have to get the paid version to do that?

You can change the led color with go sms. Its in the notification settings. Go sms is completely free also. Its the best sms app IMO.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

wmdrummond

Reaction score
Hi Civic, mine does not blink my LED at all even though I have it set to do so. Could there be settings in the native messaging notification that I have not properly disabled yet?