How do I stop Jb update from installing?

xtor

Reaction score
Razr maxx, not rooted. Update already downloaded.

I did a 215 leak on my brothers maxx to block update, worked great, jb had already downloaded but was not installed, go to stickies and mattyps 215 leak class very easy to do, good luck

razr on 215 leak

OP
cricketson007

cricketson007

Reaction score
xtor said:
I did a 215 leak on my brothers maxx to block update, worked great, jb had already downloaded but was not installed, go to stickies and mattyps 215 leak class very easy to do, good luck

razr on 215 leak
I am not sure what the leak does yet but I will look into it. Thank you for the information.

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am not sure what the leak does yet but I will look into it. Thank you for the information.

The ota ICS release was 211, and many people had big issues with it. Shortly afterwards a "leaked" update to 211 was made available which is the 215 (not sure where it originated from) and most if not all who side loaded it were very happy with it.
If you do install it, the ota system stops trying to update the phone, since it is not recognized by the ota update system.

Mike
Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

Last edited:
OP
cricketson007

cricketson007

Reaction score
xtor said:

razr on 215 leak

I installed the 215 leak. Will find out for sure in the morning if it blocked it from updating to JB.

xtor

Reaction score
I installed the 215 leak. Will find out for sure in the morning if it blocked it from updating to JB.

It will block it, welcome to 215, now sit back and watch people on jb complain about problems with jb

razr on 215 leak

OP
cricketson007

cricketson007

Reaction score
xtor said:
It will block it, welcome to 215, now sit back and watch people on jb complain about problems with jb

razr on 215 leak

I am loving it! I haven't dug into it much yet but I can a difference already!

7779311mm

Reaction score
I don't think there's much difference you can see, but things are suppost to work better, im happy with it

razr on 215 leak

Applied the .215 Leak without a hitch...thanks to MattyP, for such simplification. Now I can continue to use PdaNet+ without any interruptions.
icon_%20lala.gif

Likwid_E

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4
How would I accomplish this if I'm on the X-Mas leak of JB and want to stay on it?