How Do I Speed Up My WiFi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Sid 6.7

Sid 6.7

Reaction score
My question from the beginning has been: What is the max DL speed I can expect through WiFi? If I was jacked to a fiber gigabit line, how much of that will a stock Fascinate swallow?

I certainly hope it's not the 1.6Mbps that I am getting. If the bottle neck isn't at my router, then where is it?

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
OP, your phone is awesome, but it is not a prodigy... we know what it's capable of, we're just a little taken back at what people who have told you what it is capable of...

OP
Sid 6.7

Sid 6.7

Reaction score
Well basing he speeds off web based testing deals with processing if u think the nic is the only thing sadly mistaken.
But not here to have a pissing match

But your webbased speeds will also vary depending on the deployment of the package. Ohh but I guess have p4 with htt will act the same as p4

Sent from my etcha-sketch

4464364a-84bd-88af.jpg

Try to explain that then.

@OP, use the Speedtest.net app from the market. I really have no idea where you're conducting your tests.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Somebody finally not talking out of their taint.

I am using the app from the Market. I am just not using an actual screen shot, since I don't have root, I am using the .jpg that the app will allow you to share as through texting or email.

OP
Sid 6.7

Sid 6.7

Reaction score
Here is one I just did and emailed myself the results.

20084480.png

Trong

Reaction score
Oooooh okay, that makes sense. Although it doesn't really seem to make a difference with my connection, try picking a server that isn't 400+ miles away : P

My phone's about to die, but I assume you googled around to see if other Fascinate owners might have the same problem?

OP
Sid 6.7

Sid 6.7

Reaction score
I've tried every server on the list. Haha.

The fastest from where I am in Memphis, seem to be Atlanta and Dallas, at least at the times I have tried.

pierced_droid

Reaction score
Well basing he speeds off web based testing deals with processing if u think the nic is the only thing sadly mistaken.
But not here to have a pissing match

But your webbased speeds will also vary depending on the deployment of the package. Ohh but I guess have p4 with htt will act the same as p4

4464364a-84bd-88af.jpg

Try to explain that then.

@OP, use the Speedtest.net app from the market. I really have no idea where you're conducting your tests.

]

Several test overclocked with other apps running and stock kernel
ad3d8eac-889b-742c.jpg

Nothing running overclocked
1041729761.png

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
Woah, guess I'm a lil biased being in San Jose (joke).... but even if I were near phoenix.. why is there even a conversation when this data is already figured out on maps.... retards :D

pierced_droid

Reaction score
My question from the beginning has been: What is the max DL speed I can expect through WiFi? If I was jacked to a fiber gigabit line, how much of that will a stock Fascinate swallow?

I certainly hope it's not the 1.6Mbps that I am getting. If the bottle neck isn't at my router, then where is it?

No your question was how do I speed up my wifi but if you think hardware has nothing to do with sadly mistaken

pierced_droid

Reaction score
Woah, guess I'm a lil biased being in San Jose (joke).... but even if I were near phoenix.. why is there even a conversation when this data is already figured out on maps.... retards :D

GPS WAS TURNED OFF LOL

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to

GPS WAS TURNED OFF LOL

LOL, wow man, did you have GPS on? That shoulda screwed this whole thing up... we need to reset into the next dimension becuz of your comment. :))

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Closing thread because throughout the thread there has been some pretty blatant disrespectful comments made. Name calling, this is not what D.F is about. If you can't be respectful then please don't post.

Status
Not open for further replies.