How Do I Speed Up My WiFi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pierced_droid

Reaction score
Point is, it has been reported in several reviews of the Galaxy S/Fascinate that people have gotten DL speeds in excess of 10-12Mbps on Wifi. It's size has nothing to do at all with it's DL speed ability.

I have shown and proven that I am able to get over 22Mbps DL at my house through my wireless router. So why can't I get my Fascinate any faster than 1.6Mbps???

Well then start at the beginning.

1.Are you on stock OS?

2.What security are you using on your wireless router?

3.Have you tried resetting your router?

Those are just a few to start with. See where you get from there

1. Yes, 2.1update1, un-rooted

2. WPA2

3. Multiple times, both the wifi router and the cable modem

Take my word, I have been working at this for a couple weeks now. And I would classify myself as above the average user. Computer/network troubleshooting has been in my blood for a while, since at least about 2000 when I began building my own gaming rigs, networks, and such.

have you read what you have said?? It is unrooted stock kernel. No overclocking... Since u are a "techie" lol sorry going to laugh but that is hooking the first Pentium 200mhz with mmx techcnolgy against a standard 200 MHz P1 now I use those processors cause u said 2000 which is around the time..

Don't get that then windows 7 on wireless against windows 98 which one do u think is faster?? Same network

Sent from my etcha-sketch

OP
Sid 6.7

Sid 6.7

Reaction score
Yea.. throw your Galaxy in the garbage now, it's worthless... stupid phone :)

Seriously, your talking out your ass is starting to piss me off.

If I wanted more asinine, unhelpful, useless remarks I would have been sure to yank your chain.

Last edited:
OP
Sid 6.7

Sid 6.7

Reaction score
OMG the amount of ignorance is crazy around here.

So now, according to two people I need an overclocked, bigger phone to DL faster on my Wifi.

I guess I need to find a forum populated by intelligent, experienced people. You guys sound like you're making this stuff up as you go along.

pierced_droid

Reaction score
OMG the amount of ignorance is crazy around here.

So now, according to two people I need an overclocked, bigger phone to DL faster on my Wifi.

I guess I need to find a forum populated by intelligent, experienced people. You guys sound like you're making this stuff up as you go along.

Not much of "self claimed techie" thought for sure
. You know building gaming rigs you would understand data processing alittle better... the speed test test your wifi but the numbers you are seeing I'd still the benchmark of what is getting processed like I stated in my earlier post wins98 and windows XP both same boxes running on a t1 speeds will be different on each computer.....

If you have more then 1 computer in your house maybe you should trying running the test on each of those computers and let us know if those speeds are the same LOL

Trong

Reaction score
What are you using to conduct these tests? As far as I know, you don't get a results screenshot like that from Speedtest app.

Also, the server that you're using when testing on your phone is much further away from the one you used to test your computers.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
Sid 6.7

Sid 6.7

Reaction score
Well then start at the beginning.

1.Are you on stock OS?

2.What security are you using on your wireless router?

3.Have you tried resetting your router?

Those are just a few to start with. See where you get from there

2. WPA2

Take my word, I have been working at this for a couple weeks now. And I would classify myself as above the average user. Computer/network troubleshooting has been in my blood for a while, since at least about 2000 when I began building my own gaming rigs, networks, and such.

have you read what you have said?? It is unrooted stock kernel. No overclocking... Since u are a "techie" lol sorry going to laugh but that is hooking the first Pentium 200mhz with mmx techcnolgy against a standard 200 MHz P1 now I use those processors cause u said 2000 which is around the time..

Don't get that then windows 7 on wireless against windows 98 which one do u think is faster?? Same network

So on a stock Fascinate, what is the fastest speed I can ever hope for through wifi? Under perfect conditions, with perfect 3g signal, what is the speed limit of the Fascinate on 3g? At what speed will I hit "the wall"?

And which ROM and how much OC'ing do I need? How fast will my wifi DL be then?

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
lol i am still laughing at the comparing a smartphone to a laptop speed, as far as data transfer goes... :)

Please.

Continue :)

Trong

Reaction score

. You know building gaming rigs you would understand data processing alittle better... the speed test test your wifi but the numbers you are seeing I'd still the benchmark of what is getting processed like I stated in my earlier post wins98 and windows XP both same boxes running on a t1 speeds will be different on each computer.....

If you have more then 1 computer in your house maybe you should trying running the test on each of those computers and let us know if those speeds are the same LOL

Pls stop. Internet speed does not depend on on processor speed in general. As long as the network adapter can handle it, you should get the right speeds.

Rendering web pages is where the processor/software starts to come in to play.

pierced_droid

Reaction score

2. WPA2

So on a stock Fascinate, what is the fastest speed I can ever hope for through wifi? Under perfect conditions, with perfect 3g signal, what is the speed limit of the Fascinate on 3g? At what speed will I hit "the wall"?

And which ROM and how much OC'ing do I need? How fast will my wifi DL be then?

well I can tell you that my 3g is faster than low end Verizon dsl and of course you are comparing speeds why???? Your wifi on cable Or fiber line will always be faster then 3g and your 3g all depends on traffic signal strength towers etc.

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
I know when I hook my D1 up to my godly wireless I load web pages like no other... wow...

Good job droid 1, loading those web pages, it's important :)

OP
Sid 6.7

Sid 6.7

Reaction score
From my laptop running Vista:

From one of my old gaming rigs running XP SP3 (Athlon Barton 32bit CPU)

pierced_droid

Reaction score

Pls stop. Internet speed does not depend on on processor speed in general. As long as the network adapter can handle it, you should get the right speeds.

Rendering web pages is where the processor/software starts to come in to play.

Well basing he speeds off web based testing deals with processing if u think the nic is the only thing sadly mistaken.
But not here to have a pissing match

But your webbased speeds will also vary depending on the deployment of the package. Ohh but I guess have p4 with htt will act the same as p4

Trong

Reaction score
Well basing he speeds off web based testing deals with processing if u think the nic is the only thing sadly mistaken.
But not here to have a pissing match

But your webbased speeds will also vary depending on the deployment of the package. Ohh but I guess have p4 with htt will act the same as p4

4464364a-84bd-88af.jpg

Try to explain that then.

@OP, use the Speedtest.net app from the market. I really have no idea where you're conducting your tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.