How do I set screens to get same app (or icon) on only one screen ?

Rogerdodger

Reaction score
HELLO -----Hope this post is in the correct place as I am learning this Tapatalk.

I am trying to get only 1 of any app or other function on each screen, but I cannot delete anything to the trash can except on the first (home) screen. I want to do this with apps as well as with browser, phone, and other functions. In other words, I don't want any duplications from screen to screen. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance . I must be missing one step. I really appreciate the forums and all the help.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
So the real problem is you are unable to delete items for other screens?

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
HELLO -----Hope this post is in the correct place as I am learning this Tapatalk.

I am trying to get only 1 of any app or other function on each screen, but I cannot delete anything to the trash can except on the first (home) screen. I want to do this with apps as well as with browser, phone, and other functions. In other words, I don't want any duplications from screen to screen. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance . I must be missing one step. I really appreciate the forums and all the help.

This part confuses me. Deleting works on some screens but not others?

Sweettooth

Reaction score
I don't get it...so when you long press an item on a screen other than the middle one, the trashcan doesn't show up at the bottom??

OP
R

Rogerdodger

Reaction score
Sorry guys------I guess I'm not making this clear.. I can remove items on the main screen where the wallpaper is, (where the trash can is at the bottom ) no problem. ----- but not able to remove any from other screens. They keep popping back on the screen when trying to bring it to main screen for the trash can. Does that make any more sense? THANKS.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
No I think your trying to delete from the app drawer, thats just like your program files, you cant delete them unless you uninstall the app/

OP
R

Rogerdodger

Reaction score
THANKS, so I go to program to do this? For example, I only want the phone icon , and browser, and email, and calendar on ONE PAGE--------- not on 2 pages. Sorry if I,m confusing the heck out of you. THANKS

warrior21

Reaction score
THANKS, so I go to program to do this? For example, I only want the phone icon , and browser, and email, and calendar on ONE PAGE--------- not on 2 pages. Sorry if I,m confusing the heck out of you. THANKS

It still sounds like you are talking about the screens and not the app drawer. No matter what screen you are on if you long press the icon a garbage can should pop up on the bottom so you wouldn't have to go back to your home screen to delete. Your wallpaper doesn't stretch across all of your screens?

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
If your trying to remove an app from one of the screens on the right or left of the main, do what warrior said, just long press it and a trashcan will appear at the bottom of that page also, you dont need to drag it to the main home page to trash it.

OP
R

Rogerdodger

Reaction score
Hey Shades, Sweetooth, Jim, and Legalkill------------

-------Just figured out what I was doing ------------

******* Thanks for the help. *******

AND THANKS FOR THE FORUM! !!!!!!