How do I set max number of messages in Handcent?

FootballRef

Reaction score
I would like to either be able to keep my messages for a certain amount of time (10-30 days, or so) or for a certain number of messages (25-30 per contact)....I would like to be able to do one of these.

Is there a way to set this in Handcent?

Taegost

Reaction score
Oooh, I never thought about that when I installed it, I just assumed that it would import that setting from the stock messenger...
But we all know what assuming does... :)

SpykeZ

Reaction score
Just looked and there is no way to currently do this through handcent. Should shoot an email off to them requesting :) Their pretty good about getting in features people want.

[edit] Looked further into it, open up your stock messaging app and go into settings, you should be able to set the limits there and I believe that carries over into handcent as well

Last edited:
OP
FootballRef

FootballRef

Reaction score
Just looked and there is no way to currently do this through handcent. Should shoot an email off to them requesting :) Their pretty good about getting in features people want.

[edit] Looked further into it, open up your stock messaging app and go into settings, you should be able to set the limits there and I believe that carries over into handcent as well
That was my thinking as well. I had it set to 50 in there. Just to see if it actually worked, I changed it to 30. My messages that are over 30 already stayed there.

If thought there would be a way in Handcent to do this.

fatherkino

Reaction score
handcent message limit

Has anybody found a limit yet? I thought the limit was 1000, but I just broke that. I'm now at 1004 and counting. . .