how do i screen shot?

funkpod

Reaction score
Hello, how do I capture a screen shot?

Is there an app for it, (can't seem to find one...), and I don't want to root my phone.

I want to be able to take a pic of something online and assign that as a contact pic.

thanks!

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If u are rooted, drocap2 in the market, don't think you can do it if not rooted

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

HawaiiDroidX

Reaction score
damn i thought id get some answers from this too lol..i dont wanna root my phone (partly because i have no idea what that is lol) and i had the same question as the OP

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If u are rooted, drocap2 in the market, don't think you can do it if not rooted

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
I approve of this message....

OP
F

funkpod

Reaction score
no way to do it if not rooted? man, that stinks... someone needs to create an app for this!

@ hawaiidroidx, rooting is like jailbreaking for the iphone. you get to the root access of your phone and you can control over everything, and you install custom software for it, etc.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
no way to do it if not rooted? man, that stinks... someone needs to create an app for this!

@ hawaiidroidx, rooting is like jailbreaking for the iphone. you get to the root access of your phone and you can control over everything, and you install custom software for it, etc.

They did. It's just that you got to be rooted to use it.

And quite honestly I'm getting tired of seeing these apps for rooters only. I understand that rooting makes it easier for the devs to produce the apps, but the vast majority of Android users are not rooted. If they are only concentrating on rooted users because it's easier, they are not advancing the Android community to where it should be.

I'm rooted and I have so many apps for root that I just can't picture being without them. Everybody should not have to root.

Sorry, just my early morning two cents worth here.

Viper323

Reaction score

They did. It's just that you got to be rooted to use it.

And quite honestly I'm getting tired of seeing these apps for rooters only. I understand that rooting makes it easier for the devs to produce the apps, but the vast majority of Android users are not rooted. If they are only concentrating on rooted users because it's easier, they are not advancing the Android community to where it should be.

I'm rooted and I have so many apps for root that I just can't picture being without them. Everybody should not have to root.

Sorry, just my early morning two cents worth here.

I see where you're coming from with wanting less apps that require root, but some apps like drocap are simply impossible without root. Its not that the dev is lazy, just that there is no other way

Sent from my Droid

OP
F

funkpod

Reaction score
doh. well, one of your smart devs should write a program to help us common-folk out, we'd really appreciate it!

waynester

Reaction score
dl android sdk on your pc, research it a bit, back when I installed it there were a few fine point to getting it to recognize dinc
no root needed
pics in browser can be saved with a long press on image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

taken using sdk

Last edited: