How do I save vids on my card?

mmw68666

Reaction score
I foremated it on the phone and on my computer. How do I copy from old card?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I foremated it on the phone and on my computer. How do I copy from old card?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Since you're able to plug your card into your computer, you can plug the old card in and transfer. Or maybe you could put your old card back into your phone, copy the whole thing into your computer and copy it back into your new card (once you've re-installed it).

OP
D

droidx2010

Reaction score
Did you format the new card in your Droid X, and transfer the directory structure from the old card to the new one? Sounds to me like your 32 gig card is empty. If you bought a new card and just plugged it into the phone that makes sense.
I did format the 32gig card but did nothing with the 16gig card since I thought nothing was needed. I need to drag stuff from my 16gig to the 32gig? That seems odd.
Isn't there a feature on dx to have everything automatically copied to the card?

Technoman

Reaction score
I did format the 32gig card but did nothing with the 16gig card since I thought nothing was needed. I need to drag stuff from my 16gig to the 32gig? That seems odd.
Isn't there a feature on dx to have everything automatically copied to the card?

Since the 16 gig card isn't there any longer, how would it get access to the data on it? You need to perform the transfer. The directory structure is the most important, but I assume you want the files from your old card on the new one. When you install an APP, it sets up the data directory on the SD card. Since the 32 gig card was not in the phone when you installed the APP's, it has no way of getting the directory structure for the installed APP's.

You could also perform a factory reset and make the phone like a new one from the box with the 32 gig card in the phone. That should also effectively get you going.

OP
D

droidx2010

Reaction score
Since the 16 gig card isn't there any longer, how would it get access to the data on it? You need to perform the transfer. The directory structure is the most important, but I assume you want the files from your old card on the new one. When you install an APP, it sets up the data directory on the SD card. Since the 32 gig card was not in the phone when you installed the APP's, it has no way of getting the directory structure for the installed APP's.

You could also perform a factory reset and make the phone like a new one from the box with the 32 gig card in the phone. That should also effectively get you going.
The pics & vids I took were after I added the 32gig card. Would that only be a reset or would it also dlt what's also on the phone? I don't care to delete what pics or vids are on the phone.

Technoman

Reaction score
The pics & vids I took were after I added the 32gig card. Would that only be a reset or would it also dlt what's also on the phone? I don't care to delete what pics or vids are on the phone.

A factory reset (data reset) will wipe everything clean.

Have you tried putting your Micro SD card into an adapter and seeing if you can find any files on the card?

If you have any pictures or video currently on the card, you can back them up before you do anything else.

Have you tried a file manager APP on your phone yet? Get Astro from the market and see what is shows for files on the phone.

OP
D

droidx2010

Reaction score
A factory reset (data reset) will wipe everything clean.

Have you tried putting your Micro SD card into an adapter and seeing if you can find any files on the card?

If you have any pictures or video currently on the card, you can back them up before you do anything else.

Have you tried a file manager APP on your phone yet? Get Astro from the market and see what is shows for files on the phone.
I have Es File Explorer but when I tell it to search for vid or pics it seems like it searchs for this but nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong on this app?

OP
D

droidx2010

Reaction score
Did you format the new card in your Droid X, and transfer the directory structure from the old card to the new one? Sounds to me like your 32 gig card is empty. If you bought a new card and just plugged it into the phone that makes sense.
I tethered my phone to my computer & it says that my card has 19.5GB free of 29.6GB of storage. When I click on the DROIDX icon or where it shows the storage info, nothing happens.
Would you know what's causing this? It seems like my vids are on storage but I can't pull anything up.

Technoman

Reaction score
I tethered my phone to my computer & it says that my card has 19.5GB free of 29.6GB of storage. When I click on the DROIDX icon or where it shows the storage info, nothing happens.
Would you know what's causing this? It seems like my vids are on storage but I can't pull anything up.

I would love to try and help, but I am trying to understand what you are saying here. Do you have your phone attached to your PC and you are in Windows explorer or My Computer?

What Droid X icon are you talking about?