How do I save my "desktop" and favorites

frank999

Reaction score
I was having issue with Exchange Account on my Droid. I had 2 Exchange accounts after the 2.2 update. I deleted one and then the one that was left was in half way state. There were no settings (grey account acc name) and remove option did nothing.

Anyway, I did a factory reset which isn't that hard but restoring my "desktop", icons and browser favorites is time consuming.

So, for next time, what's the best way to restore after a factory reset. I wouldn't want the exchange mess to be restored, just the look and feel and settings like that.

Thanks for help,

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I was having issue with Exchange Account on my Droid. I had 2 Exchange accounts after the 2.2 update. I deleted one and then the one that was left was in half way state. There were no settings (grey account acc name) and remove option did nothing.

Anyway, I did a factory reset which isn't that hard but restoring my "desktop", icons and browser favorites is time consuming.

So, for next time, what's the best way to restore after a factory reset. I wouldn't want the exchange mess to be restored, just the look and feel and settings like that.

Thanks for help,

There are a couple of ways going about this. Launcher Pro is one of many alternative desktop tools. You can backup your desktop settings with that app. I think you will have to put your widgets back into place but everything else will be as it was. There may be other apps that do similar things.