How do I save a webpage as an icon shortcut on my home screen?

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
First bookmark it in the browser. Then return to the homescreen and press-and-hold (in an empty space) to bring up the menu and select 'shortcut' then 'bookmark' and select the desired bookmark.

lockman

Reaction score
Bookmark the page you want on your home screen.
Long hold on home screen.
Click shortcut
Pick the bookmark you want.

OP
J

jrl9851

Reaction score
Anyone know if there is an autofill program for the browser? To autofill my name, address, etc.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if there is an autofill program for the browser? To autofill my name, address, etc.

It should be using your history and/or Google to predict your typing. But I haven't used the default browser in a bit (I would suggest you try xScope, it's GREAT). In xScope as soon as I start typing the window below starts to show me suggestions (predictive search according to your viewing history and google). Works great so far.

Jer

Reaction score
Does this only work to launch into the stock browser or can you either specify to open in, say... Dolphin or if you have them both w/o having a default set (the way mine is currently) will it pop up a screen to select the browser you want to use>? Whenever I open a link I get that pop-up asking which browser I want to use so will it behave this same way with these home page short cuts or will it defer to the stock browser?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
unfortunately the only bookmarks it allows you to save to the desktop is bookmarks saved in your default browser...the bookmarks youve saved within dolphin will not even be an option to save to the desktop since it will take you directly to the default browser bookmark list...

Jer

Reaction score
unfortunately the only bookmarks it allows you to save to the desktop is bookmarks saved in your default browser...the bookmarks youve saved within dolphin will not even be an option to save to the desktop since it will take you directly to the default browser bookmark list...

So then the question is when I click one will it give me the pop up allowing me to select which browser it opens in like when I click a link in an email?