how do i save a picture from text message

koolwidget88

Reaction score
:icon_ banana:eek:k........thank u!!! after 1 month i finally understand it!!!!thank uuuuu
Pls I need help!!!
I can't for the the life of me figure out how to save a picture that someone sends me in a text message onto my phone. It only gives me the option to set it as wallpaper or contact.

I use a little program called "handcent".....its free..... can't say enough about it...

1. It allows sends to groups "you configure on you online google account first" and to recent and you can browse your whole contacts list and pick and choose how many and who you want to send to.

2. I has other cool tweaks "too many to mention"

3. Can send as long a message as you want and it compiles them in 160 character chunks to send seamlessly.. "make sure you check that feature in settings of handcent"

4. Can edit, add and use quicktext.

5. Change the color of your LED and frequency it blinks "under notification settings"

6. Oh yea.. you wanted to know how to save a pic... LOL!

A. Set your handcent to handle your messages.

B. When someone sends you a pic it will some as a mms message and you will be able to see and view the pic.
If you open the pic by holding your finger on it, it will get bigger and you can "set as" etc... but don't go that far if you just want to save it and stay on the screen right before that where you viewed your email.

C. touch the menu at the bottom and in the lower right hand corner you will see "save mms".. touch that.

D. At this point you can see a selection at the top for inbox, outbox, sentbox and all. If its on all you will view your pic regardless where its at in your text mail.

E. Now again choose the menu at the bottom and it will say "copy attached to SD card"

F. Once you pic that you can go in your regular droid gallery and view it as do as you will!

If an effort to be clear and detailed.. don't let the instructions seem intimidating.... its quite easy!

ry-7x91

Reaction score
sweet thanx alot guys! lol i jus got my droid 2 days ago and i couldnt figure it out for my life either lol

thanx again Ryan

windstrings

Reaction score
OMG.. I do have to read my post better... my grammar and mispells are terrible!.... LOL!...

I almost took my droid back after 3 days of intense study and was ready to toss it as far as I could... I stuck it out and here I am today.....

I may be getting the droid incredible in the am.....

I came from the Dare... so the whole pda world was new to me.

Rather than having a set app from the factory to do dialing, one to do texting, etc etc... we now have a mi-rad of choices for each and every task and each program has it own set of choices, preferences and bugs....
yes can be quite overwhelming.

It would certainly help if verizon and google gave basic functionality of cell phone functions and email to the phone, then we can edit, change or add from there.

But instead some functions are just flat out missing and its up to us and research to find the app thats most appropriate to fill the gap the best we can.... crazy!....

I still haven't figured out how to add a contact to a group from my phone.... has to be done online in the google account.
There are a few apps that basically adds many contacts to one contact.... thats different and not what I need.

The Droid is more like buying a computer that makes calls rather than a phone that has apps.

So if your not computer savvy and from the world of non pda cellphones.. your pretty lost "very lost" for a while at first.

clo3-clo3

Reaction score
i need help..... ok so i ask my friend for a picture for photo id... she send it... i click and hold it and the menu pops up..... i click save to sd card..... then i go to check my gallery to set it as a photo id...... and its not there! plz help.

also my friend sent me three pictures at once and i chicked on them and they played like i was wwatching a movie... help! i wanna save two of the pictures but it doesnt give me that option when its a video :-(

clo3-clo3

Reaction score
plz plz plz plz plz help!!

i need help..... ok so i ask my friend for a picture for photo id... she send it... i click and hold it and the menu pops up..... i click save to sd card..... then i go to check my gallery to set it as a photo id...... and its not there! plz help.

also my friend sent me three pictures at once and i chicked on them and they played like i was wwatching a movie... help! i wanna save two of the pictures but it doesnt give me that option when its a video :-:)icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil:

windstrings

Reaction score

also my friend sent me three pictures at once and i chicked on them and they played like i was wwatching a movie... help! i wanna save two of the pictures but it doesnt give me that option when its a video :-:)icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil:

Sometimes it takes a refresh for the gallery to see the new files.... close it completely down "may" work but remounting the sd card or rebooting works.

Its been a while since I've played with a slideshow "thats what it sounds like you got", but I believe you can press and hold the slideshow "before playing it" and get an option that takes you to where you can save each pic.

I would test it for you, but I'm playing with an incredible now.. it has a different gallery etc.

ryan06

Reaction score
I have found that if I touch and hold own on a picture, I get several options. One of which is to copy to SD Card, which then is viewed on your Gallery.

I am also not using Handcent, or any other software that did not originally come with the phone.

Seems to work good for me.