how do i save a picture from text message

Chrisace89

Reaction score
I can't for the the life of me figure out how to save a picture that someone sends me in a text message onto my phone. It only gives me the option to set it as wallpaper or contact.

windstrings

Reaction score
I can't for the the life of me figure out how to save a picture that someone sends me in a text message onto my phone. It only gives me the option to set it as wallpaper or contact.

I use a little program called "handcent".....its free..... can't say enough about it...

1. It allows sends to groups "you configure on you online google account first" and to recent and you can browse your whole contacts list and pick and choose how many and who you want to send to.

2. I has other cool tweaks "too many to mention"

3. Can send as long a message as you want and it compiles them in 160 character chunks to send seamlessly.. "make sure you check that feature in settings of handcent"

4. Can edit, add and use quicktext.

5. Change the color of your LED and frequency it blinks "under notification settings"

6. Oh yea.. you wanted to know how to save a pic... LOL!

A. Set your handcent to handle your messages.

B. When someone sends you a pic it will some as a mms message and you will be able to see and view the pic.
If you open the pic by holding your finger on it, it will get bigger and you can "set as" etc... but don't go that far if you just want to save it and stay on the screen right before that where you viewed your email.

C. touch the menu at the bottom and in the lower right hand corner you will see "save mms".. touch that.

D. At this point you can see a selection at the top for inbox, outbox, sentbox and all. If its on all you will view your pic regardless where its at in your text mail.

E. Now again choose the menu at the bottom and it will say "copy attached to SD card"

F. Once you pic that you can go in your regular droid gallery and view it as do as you will!

If an effort to be clear and detailed.. don't let the instructions seem intimidating.... its quite easy!

Sidewind

Reaction score
for the default messenger hold your finger on the pic a few seconds then let go a window will come up and you can save to SD card

m cribbs

Reaction score
The long press works great for a single pic but when many pics are attached they run in "slideshow" fashion. The first pic appears as an icon in the message with a little play arrow. Long press on this box has no effect. I just tap it and the slideshow runs--it even has a progress bar at the bottom. I hit pause on an individual picture, but pressing it has no effect. Any ideas?

oshizo

Reaction score
Hey anyone know what to do? This would be helpfull

sweetmochagrl

Reaction score
Someone sent me a text message on my new droid with a slideshow attached, and instead of pressing on the picture I did a long press on the message itself...a menu opened which gave me the option to save the attached to the sd card.

Hope this helps :)

m cribbs

Reaction score
Awesome--thank you. Works perfectly using Handcent. Breaks the slideshow into individual files. Now if I could just get support for .gif files...

Thanks again!!!

m cribbs

Reaction score
Awesome--thank you. Works perfectly using Handcent. Breaks the slideshow into individual files. Now if I could just get support for .gif files...

Thanks again!!!

windstrings

Reaction score
Someone sent me a text message on my new droid with a slideshow attached, and instead of pressing on the picture I did a long press on the message itself...a menu opened which gave me the option to save the attached to the sd card.

Hope this helps :)

Also going to the menu will give you an option to save sms... when you pick that you will see your pictures.
Go to menu again and you can save to sd card.

kjm018

Reaction score
I tried the long press, and it worked once, so I know what you're suggesting -- but it doesn't work anymore.

Now when I click on a photo, it just opens. Even if I hold down for a full minute, no menu pops up. (When I let go, the photo finally opens.)

I've tried clicking the menu button when I'm in the text message conversation, or again when I have the photo open. No option other than "set as..." or details.

Any help?

m cribbs

Reaction score
Try a long press on the text rather trhan the actual pic. Works everytime for me.

kjm018

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response! No go, though. Like I said, even if I have a (really, really) long press on the thumbnail picture in the text message window, it doesn't work!

What's odd is that it did one time, so I know what I'm trying to do. :icon_eek:

LordKastle

Reaction score
"Copy attached to SD" is what you should see by clicking on the picture. I just tried it in the default messenger.

kjm018

Reaction score
"Copy attached to SD" is what you should see by clicking on the picture. I just tried it in the default messenger.

That's the problem. I don't see anything. I could hold down on the photo for ages and ages, and nothing pops up.

Once I finally let go of the long press on the thumbnail, or if I just do a quick press on the thumbnail, the photo opens. That's it. I can't find a way to get any menu that allows me to save or copy or e-mail. Only "set as..."