How do I root my DI ?

Noobish

Reaction score
Does anyone know how I can root my DI? I used unrevoked 1 click root and had to replace my phone. When I went to root my new incredible, nothing happened. After doing some research apparently the root was closed when verizon put through an OTA. What other ways can I root my DI? Or when is unrevoked going to fix it? Thanks for the help in advance.

bamadroidinc

Reaction score
The stickies in this section has a tutorial on how to root a Droid inc. It uses unrevoked 3. I just did mine yesterday.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

OP
N

Noobish

Reaction score
I tried that and all it says is waiting for device . I am doing this on a Macbook pro. Do I need to do any of the part one directions? I see it says for Windows users.

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Depends on what version of Mac OS you're running. Unrevoked doesn't work with all of them.

OP
N

Noobish

Reaction score
Ive rooted before on the same mac and software. I must be missing something. It just sits at the "waiting for device screen". Do you know where I can find another set of instructions? Maybe im just translating it wrong

OP
N

Noobish

Reaction score
Do I need to download any zip. files? I dont remember how I rooted my last phone. Im getting so pissed off. lol.

texasPI

Reaction score
So I must have gotten your borked attempt as a replacement. I got 2 phones that were obviously failed root attempts. Third time was a charm.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Pmoser

Reaction score
Make sure you have the right settings on charge only and another one that I can't remember off the top of my head
Sent from my rooted Droid Increidble

OP
N

Noobish

Reaction score
Charge only , usb debugging . Wiped my memory card. Tried a new cable. I guess ill have to find a Windows pc somewhere and use that.

Pmoser

Reaction score
Do you not have any Verizon add ins like media manager or HTC sync and also check your drivers

OP
N

Noobish

Reaction score
Nope. I do not have media manager or htc sync. Im running Mac OS X Version 10.6.7. I do not need drivers because its a Mac. I followed the directions to the "T". I have to be just missing something small. I restored my phone and wiped everything of my phone and memory card.

OP
N

Noobish

Reaction score
Did it on my GF Mac and it worked. Its saying firmware too new. I tried again and it worked. I must have had something on my Mac that was causing issues. Wish I knew what it was. Thanks for the help guys

Pmoser

Reaction score
Sorry I couldn't help you sooner I don't own a Mac. Well good luck and enjoy your rooted phone