How do I reset the sdcard on Original Droid?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by prm.cs1, Sep 13, 2011.

1. prm.cs1

prm.cs1 New Member

[h=2]Hi, [/h]
    I want to reset my original droid to factory state. Through" Power + X", I was able to reset the phone itself, but the sdcard still had the old files in it. I'd like to reset that to factory state as well.

There is a choice under the "Power + X" menu that says "apply sdcard:update.zip". However, when I run it, it says "E:failed to open /sdcard/update.zip (no such file or directory)"

Any ideas on how I can reset the sdcard to original settings? Can I get the missing "update.zip" file from somewhere?

My phone has been slow for a while, and battery life has seriously degraded (even with a new battery). I'd like to just reset everything, including the sdcard, and see if that helps.

Thanks!​
  2. MissionImprobable

MissionImprobable Well-Known Member

Factory Reset will wipe your SD card as well I believe.
  3. thesoldier

thesoldier New Member

I highly doubt deleting everything on your SD will help even in the slightest bit...but if you still want to try, press your menu button (the physical soft key on bottom of your screen), go to "SD card and phone storage" then unmount your SD card and press "format." It will delete everything on the SD card.

Sent from my D2G running HeXen
  4. jkloeckner

jkloeckner New Member

Settings -> storage -> erase sd card

Please back up everything before doing so, though! You will lose all of your pics, music, etc.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
Search tags for this page

how to remove sd card from original droid