SallyC, thanks for the shout out! If there's one thing I really don't like, it's when people take instructions for one device and apply it universally for other similar devices. This is especially true of batteries. All batteries are NOT created equal, and furthermore, even the same battery in different devices can act completely different. Chargers, protection circuitry in the battery itself, protection (and charging) circuitry in the device designed to use the battery, and even the chemistry/engineering of the battery to mold it to a specific purpose can all cause improper use/abuse of the battery to be detrimental. Still, I believe SallyC has it right, people have tried all sorts of "training" of the battery and/or the battery meter, and yet there have been no reports of identifiable damage. The manufacturers know that people are going to use this differently and that some will pump and dump while others will top off frequently (like me). That's why they put limits on the charging and discharging circuity and spend obscene amounts of money on R&D to make it work well under a wide range of usage patterns. I believe when all is said and done, the phone will revert back to its own chi. This is not unlike my car's MPG gauge. If I reset it when I fill the tank, then take the car out onto the road, it'll read upwards of 24MPG for a while, but by the time I get back to the pump some 300+ miles later, it's a miserable 13MPG. Even if I reset the gauge mid-tank full, the end result is the same. What that proves is that the computer on-board is taking a moving average, rather than an actual average. So too, I believe is to a certain extent the battery meter in these phones. If not, the battery meter would need retraining on a frequent basis. Also, if there were things you could do to damage the battery, other than taking the phone apart and voiding the warranty, the manufacturer would have likely put disclosures and/or instructions telling you not to do those things. Still, there are warnings (as I have said MANY times) about using non-approved chargers. Here's an example of a new experience I had with a charger done as an experiment: My wife's phone was left on overnight after a full-day's use. She forgot to plug it into the battery charger, so by morning it was dead as a doornail. So just for my own benefit (and others here), I decided to plug it into a charger that is rated at 700MAh and is manufactured by LG for one of their phones. I let it go into Battery Charging mode. For those who don't know what that is, you can either power the phone off first before putting it on charge, or if you are so unfortunate as my wife to have it shut down due to being discharged, simply plug it in but either way, without hitting the power button. Many people here have been saying all along that using any MicroUSB charger is fine. So I set out to see if they're right. Those who have followed my posts know that nearly ALL non-Motorola or non-Verizon chargers will cause the touchscreen to act like it's lost its mind when plugged in and using the phone at the same time. But this time, I was just looking at charging performance. So, after 7 hours I came back and checked on the phone. It was at 70% charge. :blink: I allowed it to turn off, left it on charge and came back an hour later...still 70%. :blink: This time, I powered it up, then powered it down again, plugged the charger back in and it still read 70%. Remember, that's 8 hours on charge total. So then I took the cute little RAZR charging cube and plugged it in instead. Came back in 30 minutes and it was already at 90%. :biggrin: Came back 30 minutes later, it was 100%. :hail: Does this prove anything? Maybe not, but one thing's for sure...I KNOW the factory charger can pump the battery to 100%, and I also know it can charge while I use the phone and there is no freakazoid screen issue to deal with. :happy3: As always, YRMV.