How do I remove Search History for GMail App on S3?

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
How do I remove Search History for GMail App on S3? I thought I did it before but can find it, tried apps that supposedly clean history but don't work. Any help is appreciated.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
On my note 2 you have to go gmail> menu> general settings, and its near the bottom of the page.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Scroll down it's the 2nd from bottom.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I admit I haven't really searched for it, but have you tried looking through the settings on your computer? If I'm not mistaken the two are connected so maybe you have to do it from there? I know some Google+ settings can only be changed through the site.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Downloaded which app shirley? The Gmail app the OP is referring to comes pre-installed on the phone.

Sgt Fury

Reaction score
Login to your google account dashboard and clear you search history and make other changes in there.

sminls

Reaction score
I have a Motorola Droid Razr and use gmail. I don't think the issue with clearing history is related to the phone, but rather gmail. The solution is not readily clear and most folks seem to answer this question by suggesting how to clear browser history, which is not the same as clearing gmail (email) search history. What worked for me is as follows:

1. Click on the Gmail app
2. Click on the menu button (on Droid Razr it is at bottom of phone on left)
3. Click Setteings
4. Click General Settings
5. Click on the menu botton again (on Droid Razr it is at bottom of phone on left)
6. Click on Clear search history

Hope this helps :)