how do I remove a picture from a contact (droid2)

scsu96grad

Reaction score
How do I remove a picture from a contact?? I even deleted the picture from my pictures after attempting to delete it 2x from the contact itself by touching & holding the picture until a menu came up to delete it, but it didn't work, twice.

also, anyone know how to add your name to the main screen (when locked) where it says "this phone belongs to"? the next line is that my phone is protected by whichever antivirus that I have installed.

lemodular

Reaction score
Go to your subject's contact > menu > edit > (touch the picture icon) > remove picture

OP
scsu96grad

scsu96grad

Reaction score
Thanks. I think that's how I tried it before, but it never stuck (the picture reappeared a short time later even though the picture disappeared when I had hit save). I did your step ( /my original step again) and it cleared it, so hopefully it will stick this time.

OP
scsu96grad

scsu96grad

Reaction score
yep, the picture is back. ugh. I had the picture attached to two contacts, and it's back on both. what gives???

OP
scsu96grad

scsu96grad

Reaction score
shortly after my last post, I tried again, but this time rebooted afterward. and, so far, the pic is staying unattached. yay!

OP
scsu96grad

scsu96grad

Reaction score
phone reverted back again!!

What gives? the picture is back. someone please help or is this a software glitch?

maybe I wil try attaching a bland picture to this contact. I don't want to delete the contact though as I don't want to lose my texts between this person.

OP
scsu96grad

scsu96grad

Reaction score
No, it's not linked to facebook; contact has a diff picture. This picture that keeps reappearing was either taken on this new phone when i got it in Aug or i copied it from my previous worthless Blackberry Storm1's external card. I even deleted this picture from my droids external card and it keeps reappearing after I delete it.

This is really annoying..only the 2nd problem Ive had with this new phone other than Weatherbug 1) not updating my location after the most recent updates (I have to close it and reopen it)..wish Weatherbug could update (traffic & weather) every 5 minutes instead of every 15....oh the other problem this has caused is 2) sometimes I've had to reboot cuz the zoom buttons would be stuck on my main home screen.

Guess i might need to go to Verizon.

lemodular

Reaction score
Try deleting the contact, sync, then re-add. I do not think this will erase your txt history, but you should try it on a another contact to be sure.

BozoOnTheBus

Reaction score
Similar Problem

Hi,
I'm having a very similar issue to the OP. The precise issue is that somehow an icon for a contact is being used by another contact without ever having been assigned to it. This happens _only_ in the contacts list in GTalk. I can change the contact's icon and everything will honor that change except GTalk. I did everything the OP tried and more. Deleted the contact, once from the phone and another time from the PC. Changed the contact icon from a PC and from the phone. Fail. Everything shows the correct icon except GTalk.

Here's an additional oddity. The icon/picture being used is the old icon of a different contact. So friend B's icon is friend A's former icon. After trying everything suggested and everything I could think of and NEVER touching friend A's contact info ever. Friend A's contact pic is now reverted to the older one as well. And just like friend B, it is only wrong in GTalk.

This clearly seems like a rare glitch in GTalk and not an issue with Contacts which is functioning fine. I'd love to be able to find the pic on the internal memory and nuke it from orbit because that's the only way to be sure at this point.

wyld

Reaction score
Sign in to your Gmail account on a computer all contact info even a picture is backed up on your account you can delete front computer

sent from my Rooted Gingerbread DroidX using DroidForums

BozoOnTheBus

Reaction score
Thanks wyld but I've already tried that; both from a PC and again separately from the Droid2. The contact icon shows correctly when trying to edit it from the phone or even from the PC. The icon is _only_ displayed wrong by GTalk. The chat icon even shows correctly on the PC for both contacts. But GTalk and only GTalk on the Droid2 is not respecting changes. This is why I suspect the GTalk app on the phone.

BozoOnTheBus

Reaction score
One odd thing I noticed. When I followed the friend on Latitude that was the original photo icon's owner, Latitude is using the old pic on both PC and Droid2. I have no idea how you change Latitude's icon only. It just takes you to your Google contact info which has your current info.

I've pretty much given up on this. I'm rooted and have been running BloatFreezer and unfroze everything just in case there was something frozen that shouldn't have been and tried all the steps again but no change. It wasn't likely Amazon MP3 and friends were causing this problem anyway.