How do I remove a contact from favorites?

Universal

Reaction score
You can also remove contacts from your favorites list by long pressing on said contact and clicking "remove from favorites."

missrachel

Reaction score
Not sure why, but unstarring a favorite contact OR long-press "remove from favorites" is NOT removing my designated favorite contacts. Sometimes I even have trouble deleting contacts out of my address book. WHY????? Help :(

newtampaseo

Reaction score
Here is the solution

Not sure why, but unstarring a favorite contact OR long-press "remove from favorites" is NOT removing my designated favorite contacts. Sometimes I even have trouble deleting contacts out of my address book. WHY????? Help :(

Try this -- on your Droid, go to the contacts page - people - (not the favorites page) -- find the contact you wish to remove from "favorites" and edit the contact. When you open the contact, look for "Group" and uncheck "favorites" to remove it from the favorites page...

Glad Droid OS made this a simple task... ok, maybe not...

BTW - you can also edit this in GMAIL, but the sync with the droid will change it back to being a favorite, so not the best idea.

RightGirl

Reaction score
I read this thread and there is no star next to the contact
I accidentally added someone to my FAVORITES list that I dont want there. I can't figure out how to delete that person from FAVORITES. I already had 9 numbers I wanted posted there and now I have 10 and since FAVES by NAME, #10 is at the bottom below the viewing line. I WANT to get that NON-Favorite (#1 on the list because her name is Anna) out of my fave list. You can't hold and drag to REMOVE because that drags the whole FAVORITES list of people to remove. I just want that one person gone. HELP !! :mad:

clifford234

Reaction score
Here's how you delete someone on your favorites page:

1. Go to your list of "People"
2. Click on the person who you want to delete from your "Favorites" page
3. You'll see a line that says "Edit - Edit Contact". Click on it.
4. On the new page that comes up you'll see "Groups"; click it
5. You'll se a group called "Favorites" and the box next to it has a check mark in it. Unclick the check mark to get rid of it. Then push the "ok" button. Then push the "Save" button.

Go back to your Favorites page. They should be gone!

I wonder why they made it so easy to add a favorite, but so obscure with regards to removing one?

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

teejies

Reaction score
Go into people. At the bottom of the screen there is a tab for groups which is the second one that looks like two contact cards. Click favorites. Then hit menu. You should see an option to delete a contact. Bam!!!!!

wwjlawd

Reaction score
This can be a very annoying problem, I had to figure this out a few times to finally remember how to do it correctly.

1. Go to your full contact list.
2. On the bottom there should be a tab showing multiple contact cards or "Groups", select that one.
3. It now should show you all your groups, selected Favorites.
4. Now hit menu and you should be able to select Edit.
5. Now just unselect the favorites you would like to remove.

Hope this helps!!!

I currently have a HTC Incredible, others may be different.

IncredibleMoose

Reaction score
FAvorites

So I take it nobody has found a way to delete a number or delete the whole favorite tab?

On the Incredible, the Favorites display can be removed, in its entirety, by long pressing and then dragging to the bottom "Remove" button.

Individual entries are removed by bringing up People, going to the entry, hitting "menu/edit" and then going to groups and unclicking the Favorites group. Poff it's gone.

teeterone

Reaction score
I have a different problem. When I tap the contact for my daughter & tap the icon to open a totally different contact comes up.
Anyone had anything like this come up?