How do I record a phone conversation?

Booch_21

Reaction score
I record podcasts and for phone call interviews, I plug into the jack and go to a 1/4" input on my mixer. I use a separate microphone for my vocals and the Droid picks up my voice just fine so the caller can hear me. Its worked verywell for me.

DroidMixer.jpg

BPB

Reaction score
I record podcasts and for phone call interviews, I plug into the jack and go to a 1/4" input on my mixer. I use a separate microphone for my vocals and the Droid picks up my voice just fine so the caller can hear me. Its worked verywell for me.

DroidMixer.jpg
That's a pretty serious setup, there. I guess there's not an app in the Market to duplicate that? :)

Booch_21

Reaction score
Get one of these things and put the Droid on speaker and it'll record for you. Even land line recordings aren't real easy. :)

VoiceRecorder.jpg

MrTommy

Reaction score
Get one of these things and put the Droid on speaker and it'll record for you. Even land line recordings aren't real easy. :)

VoiceRecorder.jpg

This looks a lot simpler than that Star Wars setup in the previous post - ha. I know what we all would like is a simple button press that magically makes a recording of a phone call in progress. But alas..... nada.

BPB

Reaction score
Is that what Google voice does? I was wondering what it was for but hadn't gotten around to Googling it.

SeattleUser

Reaction score
Recording phone converstions

That's illegal in a number of states unless you notify the person being recorded in advance.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's illegal in a number of states unless you notify the person being recorded in advance.

You're right, but it's not that many states that prohibit it. I think there are only 2, for some reason that number sticks out in my mind.

There are also apps in the Market that will record calls. I don't know if they are any good.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

This is true, unless you have the beep indicator going so they know it. I havent used the feature on google voice yet so I dont know if it does..

bhawks

Reaction score
you could get the app "caller id faker", it lets you record phone calls up to 2 minutes i think, then it emails you the recording