How do I move pictures from phone storage to SD card?

onlyonelucy

Reaction score
Ok, so a few days ago my Incredible wiped out ALL the contacts. Verizon sent me another one. When I put my SD Card in the new one, I noticed that there was only 1 photo. All the other 300+ were saved to the phone (which I still have). How can I put the memory card in the old phone and transfer them from the phone to the card so I can have them in my new phone? Thanks!

chrstdvd

Reaction score
Assuming the old phone is rooted and you can hook it to your computer in PC Mode, locate the photos in memory of phone, drag and drop the folder to your SD Card.

If that is not possible, and the old phone still works on WIFI or bluetooth you may be able to transfer them between the phones.

Short of that, I would take the old phone & new phone to the store and see if the techs there could xfer them for you.

OP
O

onlyonelucy

Reaction score
Hon, they can't transfer them because they are nowhere to be found. They've tried everything.

As far as rooting, what exactly is that and is it beneficial?

chrstdvd

Reaction score
I had a discussion a few days ago with a person who lost her pictures from the SD card. After tons of research and suggestions the solution was "Pulled the battery". I hesitate to post this as it seems that would be one of the first things ya do before you even post for help. But if you have not, try that.

You said "All the other 300+ were saved to the phone (which I still have)." Does that mean that the pictures were saved to internal memory on the old phone? If so, how do you know that? Can you actually bring them up and look at them?