How do I move apps back to phone?

ksmom78

Reaction score
Hi... My phone was having major issues, camera taking photos randomly when I pushed the home screen or any other button, so I went to Verizon and they told me it was probably a software issue so I should do a factory reset to clear the phone. They told me to move all of my apps to my SD card and then reset the phone. I went ahead and did the factory reset and the phone is back up and so far so good, but when I went to try to move my apps back to my phone, all I get are a bunch of file folders and the phone telling me there is a bunch of stuff on the SD card but nothing I can move to the phone. I redownloaded App to SD which is what I used before to put the apps on my SD card and opened it up and it said the total on my card was 14.9GB and available is 8.8GB so I know stuff is on there, but how do I get all those apps back???

Sorry if this is something simple that I just can't figure out, but any help is greatly appreciated!!!

akhi216

Reaction score
Hi... My phone was having major issues, camera taking photos randomly when I pushed the home screen or any other button, so I went to Verizon and they told me it was probably a software issue so I should do a factory reset to clear the phone. They told me to move all of my apps to my SD card and then reset the phone. I went ahead and did the factory reset and the phone is back up and so far so good, but when I went to try to move my apps back to my phone, all I get are a bunch of file folders and the phone telling me there is a bunch of stuff on the SD card but nothing I can move to the phone. I redownloaded App to SD which is what I used before to put the apps on my SD card and opened it up and it said the total on my card was 14.9GB and available is 8.8GB so I know stuff is on there, but how do I get all those apps back???

Sorry if this is something simple that I just can't figure out, but any help is greatly appreciated!!!

I haven't played with a Droid X before, but since it's technically a Google phone it should have a similar if not same process as the others. Open Settings, tap Manage Apps/Applications, tap Media Area/SD Card at the top, then tap each individual app and tap Move to Phone on each one.

I'm led to believe that apps being stored on the sd card are the cause behind a lot of problems on Android devices. The kicker is that many apps install to SD card/Media Area upon installation by default, so every time you install an app check to make sure that the app hasn't installed itself on the sd card.

It would make sense if Google included in the next update of Ice Cream Sandwich an option to move all apps from SD card/Media Area to Phone in one click. They should at least allow you to choose whether or not you want the app installed to SD card/Media Area initially in the market.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums