How do I migrate app datafiles from old Razr Maxx?

SammyQ2

Reaction score
I just purchased a HTC One M8. Seems like a great phone. I've just downloaded My Apps from Google Play. So far, so good. I also installed the Verizon HTC USB drivers to my PC.

Now I need to transfer my datafiles, for such apps as Nova Launcher, Acar, blood pressure trackers, etc. I'm pretty sure I can find the datafiles on my old phone, and load to Google Drive. My problem is what to do next. When I connect my M8 to my PC, I just see the Internal Storage drive, with a bunch of folders, but none are my apps.

How do I do this?

Thanks!

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I would think the easiest way is to install a backup app on both phone. Backup your old phone and restore to your new one.

OP
S

SammyQ2

Reaction score
I would think the easiest way is to install a backup app on both phone. Backup your old phone and restore to your new one.

Could you recommend one? I do not have root.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
What a bummer. They do have a free version to test Moto phones on the PS. Did you try the one you downloaded?

mslaceyrose

Reaction score
Motorola phones don't work with Helium, so it says. I noticed it too late after I spent $4.99.
If you can't use it, I'd contact the developer and ask for a refund. I've had a couple of situations in the past where I wasn't able to fully test a purchased app within the measly 15 minute return window, and still requested a refund. Both developers granted it.

OP
S

SammyQ2

Reaction score
If you can't use it, I'd contact the developer and ask for a refund. I've had a couple of situations in the past where I wasn't able to fully test a purchased app within the measly 15 minute return window, and still requested a refund. Both developers granted it.

They sent me a link saying they don't do refunds. Screw 'em.