How do I make a 911 call if my X is locked?

Lightninrod

Reaction score
I know every cell phone is suppose to have the capability of making a 911 emergency call whether the phone is unlocked or not. I read my X's User Guide(got it free from Moto) and it just says to touch the Emergency Call icon. I do not see any such thing on my locked screen when I wake the phone up.

This is mostly for my wife as she is unfamiliar with my X but might need to use it in an emergency.

cromo8

Reaction score
if the phone is locked with a password and the password is entered incorrectly 5 times then the emergency icon will appear and your phone will be locked until you log in witht he google account info its registered under

as far as being on the lockscreen and just pressing one button no, you have to slide to unlock and dial

Dr.Dad

Reaction score
My phone has "slide to unlock/ silent" and I also put in a "draw pattern to unlock."

After I slide to unlock, ON my pattern lock screen, on the bottom is has "emergency call" button and "emergency contacts" icon (the numbers you designate in your contact list)

so I taught my wife how to slide to unlock, so if there is an emergency then she has the emergency call button right there and if I'm injured, someone else can figure out "slide to unlock" and then they will have an emergency call or emergency contact button right there.

all of these features can be turned on and off in the settings- location and security - change screen lock, use visible pattern

I guess they assume that anyone can do the "slide to unlock," but just to be sure, I taught my wife.....pass it on I guess

good luck!

bigdog9586

Reaction score
if the phone is locked with a password and the password is entered incorrectly 5 times then the emergency icon will appear and your phone will be locked until you log in witht he google account info its registered under

as far as being on the lockscreen and just pressing one button no, you have to slide to unlock and dial
On my DX when the passcode screen is up it gives me at the lower left bottom a icon for emergency call. I clicked on it and it gave me the dial pad. I'm only guessing at this point but I bet it will allow me to ONLY dial 911. If someone else wants to try it go for it.

Kentech0023

Reaction score
Once you unlock the phone via the slider it will give you the option to make an emergency call and 911 is preprogrammed and will not take up any of your airtime. Other notable numbers to put in your "ICE" list is the non-emergency police number, emergency services, poison control, and your state's local FBI branch.

--Kenneth