1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

How do I lose the clock in the notification bar: BB v1.0 ESE81

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Jim 777, May 10, 2010.

1. Jim 777

Jim 777 Active Member

That is pretty much it. My old solution no longer works, it was a MM theme and it says there's a file missing.

So how do I gain more real state in the not bar by getting rid of the clock?

Thanks
  2. Se7enLC

Se7enLC New Member

I was able to change the color of the clock in BB v1.0 using colorChange.jar (modifying services.jar).

Can you post or link a copy of the MM theme you were using? It's possible that it just needs to be updated to use a .xml theme description file instead of a .thm. But if the theme just includes copies of the entire services.jar, it's not going to work at all, and you'll have to modify services.jar manually.
  3. Jim 777

Jim 777 Active Member

Crud I forgot to get back to you. Thanks for looking at it. Here it is.
  4. Se7enLC

Se7enLC New Member

Looks like both:
    #1, It's using the old .thm format for metamorph, which would need to be updated to .xml.
    #2, The theme just copies over the entire services.jar, replacing the one one in /system/framework. That's not going to work, since there are other changes in system.jar between versions

You would need to find out what changes were made to system.jar and make them to the copy of system.jar that came with BB1.0. Just modifying the theme will most likely cause problems, as you'd be replacing services.jar with an old copy. Once you have the new modified system.jar, then you could either modify this theme to install it, or just manually install it.

EDIT: Check out this thread: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-themes/31902-mm-theme-no-clock.html
    They list it as working with ESE81, and it was recently updated to include the xml theme descriptor you need to apply it. Give that a shot and see if it works (make a backup, of course)
    Last edited: May 12, 2010
  5. Jim 777

Jim 777 Active Member

Thanks, I didn't come up when searching, but then I've never been great at that.