How do I learn to Theme my own Launcher?

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by RonsHome, May 27, 2010.

1. RonsHome

RonsHome Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Like for example Launcher Pro.
    I have a themed version but once I get an update the Theme goes away.
    How do I maintain that theme without depending on maker.

2. Skaggz

Skaggz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You can learn how to make your own Metamorph file. There are guides everywhere.

You can also learn how to use Ninja Morph, it's a very handy too for theming on the fly. It works well for something like a launcher app, where you are only changing out a select few icons.

The icons you'll want to change are in the \res\drawable and \res\drawable-hdpi directories within the application. The best way to start is just to pick one apart and see what is inside. An apk file is just a .zip file, you can change the extension and extract it normally.

3. RonsHome

RonsHome Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I want to say thanks for your reply.
    One thing i want to know is if I drop a new lets say launcher image into the res/ drawable will it automaticaly replace the old one? Or do I pull it out then replace it with the new image.

4. zathus

zathus Member

Ratings:
    +8
    as long as there the same format and name it will replace it. make sure when you add a new image you put it in the same spot. a good practice is when you add new images hit the "name" tab to reorginize the images. every image should be in alphabetical order. if something is out of order the phone can and will sometimes have issues finding said image causing failure.

5. RonsHome

RonsHome Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I did what you said and picked apart 2 launchers by renaming to zip and extracted.
    I tried switching one google search images to the other launcher.

Now i want to test it so how do I rezip the extracted ZIp that was formaly named .apk. so i can put it on the phone.
    I am using IZarc to extract.

6. Stelv

Stelv Silver Member

Ratings:
    +8

This video helped me in using NinjaMorph. You can just put your new revised image files into a folder called icons on your phone and use them for replacing in Ninja Morph. Do not use Ninja Morph on market apps as they may disappear. Maybe backup theme in Rom Manager before Ninja Morphing it.

7. turdbogls

turdbogls Active Member

Ratings:
    +4
    is there a reason you are replacing images for icons and dock backgrounds directly in the .apk? i have a custom dock background with custom icons for launcher Pro and everything was done on the fly. i just downloaded some dock bars, and a small DroidX icon pack, and you can change everything on the fly.

my home screen with the options i have above....its nothing fancy, but i can change the dock background to whatever i want, and change those 5 icons to whatever i want as well. if you are looking for themeing beyond that, i couldn't tell you how to do it...haha

[​IMG]

8. Stelv

Stelv Silver Member

Ratings:
    +8
    NinjaMorph may not work for theming a market launcher like ADW or LauncherPro (I am not sure). I change icons in ADW and LauncherPro with the launchers built in utility. It is nice that LauncherPro lets you change the dock background too. I use NinjaMorph when I want to change a themes framework on the fly and make small modifications to a non-market item. For example changing icons in the status bar (3G logo, battery status bar, etc.)

Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
Search tags for this page
adw background directory

adw theme maker

adwtheme maker
can i create my own go launcher theme
go launcher theme maker pro apk
how can i create my own launcher for android
how can i make go laubcher themes
how to make launcher theme
launcher custom theme maker
my launcher theme maker