How do i keep the backlight on while in an app or program?

pope66682

Reaction score
Basically what the title says. Is there an app to keep the backlight on so the screen wont go black and have to unlock it while im in the middle of something.

(For example) Im using the shopping list app and i pick up my milk, i move on and go to check what the next thing on my list is and the screen is off and I have to unlock to get it going again. Very annoying.

Anyone?

micp1480

Reaction score
I hope this helps you. First, lets going into settings, and on the third line down, you should see "Sound & Display". Lets click on that, and then all the way down at the very bottom you will see, "Screen Time Out". We need to click on that, and now you have a choice how long you would like to keep your screen lit. I hope I was clear and able to help you. Have a wonderful Holiday!

MICP1480

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Grab Screebl lite....it's a great app and it will do it for you.

It's free and a must have.

droidism

Reaction score
There is a neat app called sreeble. It allows you to set proximity angles for your phone and that way it wont time out as long as it's in those ranges. It has an icon at the top of the notification bar that turns gree when you in the range and black when your out. Look it up and get it. No problems and it is free... hope this helps

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Thank you cereal and cleaner, I will try those out
your very welcome.....

pope next time remember people are only trying to help you. It may not have been the advice you were looking for but the poster at least offered a suggestion.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Grab Screebl lite....it's a great app and it will do it for you.

It's free and a must have.

Do you recommend that over Keep Alive? I've been using Keep Alive and it seems to work well too.
i'm not familiar with Keep Alive.

If it's working for you I don't see a reason to change. Maybe you could d/l Screebl Lite and give it a shot? You may prefer it over Keep Alive.

I can tell you though that Screeble Lite is an excellent app and fully customizable to fit your preferences.

He's a great developer.

Deuel

Reaction score
I was using ScreenModeWidget, but it only has 3 preset modes and doesn't start at power-up. D/l'd Screebl Lite and love it! Lots of options.

les017

Reaction score
I use ToggleScreen widget. From home page all it does is toggle between NO timeout/lock and system-defined timeout. Perfecto

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
I use ToggleScreen widget. From home page all it does is toggle between NO timeout/lock and system-defined timeout. Perfecto

That sounds exactly like what I like since there is no specific angle or anything my phone is at when I want it to stay awake. Thanks for the info.