how do i keep ringtones separate from music

divalibra

Reaction score
Hello all,
I am using Mabilo to get ringtones and have noticed that when i try to play music that i have recently put on the phone the ringtone clips are there as well. I have mounted my phone to my computer and have created a folder for my music and a separate one for the ringtones (or so I thought)..did a soft reset and the ringtones are still with the other songs. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!:droideris:

xanthus1132

Reaction score
I made my Music folder inside of the "DCIM" folder where the camera pictures are stored and put all of my music in there where as my ringtone i have in a location such as sdcard/media/ringtones/ringtone.mp3 and they are never added in with the music library. So all i did was make another folder on the sdcard named "media", made a folder in that folder named "ringtones" and then put my ringtones into that folder.

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
I noticed this too. I made the ringtone folder by just copying from my computer once mounted. The eris did not recognize the folder as ringtones but did read them as full music files. I had to delete the entire folder and then make a folder separately and then copy the files into the folder. It recognizes alarms, notifications and ringtones now but the ringtones still show up in the music selection. Any way to maybe refresh the music selection or limit the folder it reads?

refthemc

Reaction score
I think if all else fails you can just pop the ringtones into iTunes (or whatever you use) edit the album title of all of them to just "Ringtones" and then just copy them back to the phone. So next time the music player loads up you'll see an album called ringtones. It's just a thought, lol, good luck guys :)

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
This is technically my wifes phone. When i went back to check the music player again the ringtones were gone.

All I did was before I copied the ringtones folder filled over and that did not work.

I deleted and then made the folder by itself.
Then I copied the mp3 ringtones in the folder.

That seemed to correct the problem.