how do i install the updated gmail app?

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ???, Nov 26, 2010.

1. ???

??? Member

Ratings:
    +3
    its been out a while, and i've never got around to installing it because it failed the first time i tried. i remember a how to somewhere. but can't find it.

i tried using scrpits to hide gmail and then installing the new one. but that didn't seem to work either.

anyone know off hand?

2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I'm kind of wondering why you're posting over here about something like that. Yes, I do remember an issue with the Market updating for rooted phones but I don't remember off the top of my head what the fix was.

Is this what you're looking for?

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/team-chaos/49974-market-update-fix-froyo-leaked-version-2-a.html

3. ???

??? Member

Ratings:
    +3
    i was thinking it was something to do with the rom...

maybe not. i'll read thru the link, but i don't need my market fixed. everything else downloads and works. just the updated gmail app. it downloads and fails install.

4. akstyle450

akstyle450 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Current Phone Model:
    pixel xl
    the way i use to fix this, i use root explorer, go to the system/app folder and delete the apk for the app. (make sure you backup the apk just incase) and reboot the phone (quick rebooting works) and it should let you install the app in the market

5. ???

??? Member

Ratings:
    +3

ok, that worked. had to delete it, not just move it. then it downloaded and installed. but i thought it was some kinda updated app. but it seems the same as the gmail app in 4.9. just without the blue theme.

so i uninstalled and reapplied the stock app.

thanks.