How do I get the new Android Market on my Droid?

DroidLover1089

Reaction score
Just wanted to say I am a huge fan of this site and I wanted to thank a lot of the users for the information they've provided....

I have the original Motorola Droid and I have not gotten the new Android Market yet. All of my friends have had it for a month or so now and I even went to check for any updates and it says I am up to date. How do I go about getting it? Thanks in advance.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
First Q is what version of it do you currently have... and second Q is have you rooted...

jeffv2

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
The new market is installable just like any old app.. just download it and put it on your sdcard, then use astro or anyother file manager to install it. Android market now can be installed to /data

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jeffv2

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Oh and to get the new market just google android market 2.3.2
I think that's the newest version.

EDIT: that is the newest version

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Bro Duran

Reaction score
This week the market moved up to 2.3.2 or something close to that. The last version before that was 2.2.11 In the themes section, there is a blacked out version, you can install through recovery mode.
Edit: nvm about the recovery comment. Your not rooted.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well not sure if not being rooted would yeild you a limited update version, but I think the latyest version for rooted or unrooted should be 2.3.2....

Droidlover, go into settings> manage applications> all> market> and it should show what version at top left

OP
D

DroidLover1089

Reaction score
Well not sure if not being rooted would yeild you a limited update version, but I think the latyest version for rooted or unrooted should be 2.3.2....

Droidlover, go into settings> manage applications> all> market> and it should show what version at top left

Version 1.82

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Version 1.82
Wow!!... so if you go to the market and search for 'Market'...what comes up?

OP
D

DroidLover1089

Reaction score

Version 1.82
Wow!!... so if you go to the market and search for 'Market'...what comes up?

Various apps - Tapatalk, TV Shows Stream, LogMeIn Ignition, AppMonster Pro, Titanium Backup

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I would give you an APK of 2.2.11 or 2.3.2 that would install from your sdcard, but considering that you aren't rooted would hate to see you have to hard reset should something further goes weird...

unless you backup all your apps and data, and you want to try to flash the newer version manually...

OP
D

DroidLover1089

Reaction score
I would give you an APK of 2.2.11 or 2.3.2 that would install from your sdcard, but considering that you aren't rooted would hate to see you have to hard reset should something further goes weird...

unless you backup all your apps and data, and you want to try to flash the newer version manually...

Yeah it seems like to much of a risk. I thought there was an easy solution. I find it weird I haven't gotten it yet though. Oh well I really appreciate your help!

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Yeah it seems like to much of a risk. I thought there was an easy solution. I find it weird I haven't gotten it yet though. Oh well I really appreciate your help!
No problem...I understand... but let me know if you want the installable APK for 2.3.2....
And I think you should really consider rooting your Droid, you have no idea what you're missing...:p ;)

OP
D

DroidLover1089

Reaction score

No problem...I understand... but let me know if you want the installable APK for 2.3.2....
And I think you should really consider rooting your Droid, you have no idea what you're missing...:p ;)

I really want to but I am clueless on how to do it even after reading the FAQ lol

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
hahaha... yeah my daughter hasn't rooted either, she's been happy with how it runs as is so she feels no reason to root. BTW, her unrooted Droid Market version is at 2.2.11