How do I get the Google search box back?

Tisha

Reaction score
On my home screen. Mine vanished, and I can't figure out how to get it back...

Thanks.

OP
T

Tisha

Reaction score
I tried going to widgets already, but I don't see Google search on the list...

amojeba

Reaction score
Hey Hookbill. Sorry to thread hijack, but I remember you from the Crackberry forums.
I'm seriously considering a switch from my Storm 9530 to a Droid device, either the HTC Incredible, or the new VZW release coming out in July.

I was hoping for your unique perspective, since you've used both devices? What are the positives of Droid, what are the negatives? What should I stay away from?
What will I miss about BB? (besides BBM, I never really use it anyway).
Your insight is greatly appreciated :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey Hookbill. Sorry to thread hijack, but I remember you from the Crackberry forums.
I'm seriously considering a switch from my Storm 9530 to a Droid device, either the HTC Incredible, or the new VZW release coming out in July.

I was hoping for your unique perspective, since you've used both devices? What are the positives of Droid, what are the negatives? What should I stay away from?
What will I miss about BB? (besides BBM, I never really use it anyway).
Your insight is greatly appreciated :)

Since the OP has now solved his issue I'll respond.

The main problem most people have coming over is the learning curve, or should I say the "unlearning" that they've been taught in Crackberry. You got to learn that you don't have to worry about memory space, it's not an issue, specially with the newly leaked Froyo. We can actually use our SD cards to store apps, last I hear BB couldn't do that. There is an amazing amount of apps to choose from, some excellent some not so good. Battery pulls are rare if ever necessary.

A lightning fast browser compared to the Storm, and I felt the Storm 2 was an improvement. It's nothing compared to a Droid.

Check out our news section for more info and specs on the new Droids that are coming out in the next few months. Incredible is a great phone too. Just about every Android phone available will smoke a Blackberry Storm.

You'd be doing yourself a huge favor in making the switch. :)

One other thing. Keep in mind this is a Google phone so everything is backed up by Google. Your contacts in gmail, your apps in the Market. All tied to your google account. If you don't have one get one before you get a Droid and be prepared to move your contacts over to Gmail.

amojeba

Reaction score
Very nice. I appreciate your response.
One final question - can the droid devices handle multiple email accts, and how does that work? I do have Gmail, so that's not an issue :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Very nice. I appreciate your response.
One final question - can the droid devices handle multiple email accts, and how does that work? I do have Gmail, so that's not an issue :)

It can. Many people simply forward the other email accounts to gmail, you can do that in the settings. You can also set it up on the phone with the stock email (not gmail) app. There is also a popular app called K-9 that many are fond of.