How do I get static IP on phone forwarded to Laptop?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by bentigris, Apr 14, 2010.

1. bentigris

bentigris New Member

Hello, I have a motorola droid phone with a static IP that is provided by verizon. The static ip is specific to the phone, and I know that having a static IP on a droid is an obscure feature, but you CAN get one if you are a Verizon business customer and are willing to pay a $500 fee. I am able to tether the phone with a laptop and get internet connection (linux fedora OS on laptop), using CyanogenMod USB Tether, Harald's Wired-Tether, AziLink, etc. But I am unable to forward any incoming connections to the laptop from the phone as of now and thus cannot utilize the static IP for its original intention, like how you would use a hard wired static IP. Does anyone have experience doing this?
    In specific, I can't get the ports forwarded from the ppp0 interface to the usb0 interface and through to the Laptop. I've tried pushing the iptables binary and using it but when trying to set up forwarding rules I get a FIX ME! error (I assume there's a missing kernel mod). I also tried bridging ppp0 and usb0 but the current kernel doesn't seem to support this feature. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this working? Are there any routers that work with the motorola droid that can get the static ip forwarded? Or, does anyone have a suggestion of how I can accomplish this thru programming? Thanks
  2. christim

christim DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

3. bentigris

bentigris New Member

Thanks. Yes, I checked that one out. I'll go ahead and move this post. Thanks again.
Search tags for this page
android reverse tethering static ip
android usb tethering constant ip

android usb tethering static ip

bentigri

cell phone ip static

cell phone static ip

how can i obtain a ip address while tethering thru my androi

how to port forward ip address from verizon samsung s4 phone
ip address conflict verizon tethering android
setting up a static ip address on a cell phone

static ip usb teathering