How do I get rid of z4root and bootstrapper for good?

Song0330

Reaction score
I've re-flashed the rom, I've wiped, I've tried reflashing with the sbf through RSD Lite, and I've even tried manually uninstalling...

But no matter what I do, I CANNOT get rid of z4root, the bootstrapper, or TranQ ToolBox! I'm sending my phone in due to a minor hardware issue with the charging port, and I'd really like to make sure there was never any evidence of my modding on the phone.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
simply fix.....take phone out of pocket.....hold high in air.....and spike it. I am kidding of course.

Have you done the "maderstock" method?

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Remove apps from
Preinstall/app
Folder, uninstall those apps and reboot

Also the easiest way to get back to unrooted fresh stock, is to pay the 2nd bucks for TBH App and download and flash the full 2.3.340 sbf in update.zip format.

Maderstcok is great but it doesn't remove bootstrapper.

In the future, on tranquillity, you can get the update from TBH and install through its toolbox which will give you the pre-uninstall option so the tranq toolbox is removed when you sbf or switch to another ROM.

{{ WugFresh }}

OP
S

Song0330

Reaction score
Remove apps from
Preinstall/app
Folder, uninstall those apps and reboot

I just re-rooted, ran Root Explorer, and looked in /preinstall - none of those 3 apps are in there, just FlashPlayer.apk and NFSShift.apk

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
You checked in
preinstall/app/
not
/preinstall/

Right?

{{ WugFresh }}

OP
S

Song0330

Reaction score
You checked in
preinstall/app/
not
/preinstall/

Right?

{{ WugFresh }}

Yes, I did.

But it was actually my bad. After I flashed the sbf with RSD Lite, I didn't bother to do a wipe because I figured that would've done it automatically during the flash. I just wiped the device now, and the apps are gone for good! Yay.