How do I get rid of this notification icon??

nycorduroy

Reaction score
Hey guys,
To clean up a bit I just did a fresh install of 2.3.15 and then a clean update to the latest 340. Before any roms I'd like to get a nice setup to create a good backup.
For the life of me I can't get rid of the notification icon that looks like a circle made up of 2 arrows. Check pic out. What the heck is it?
It used to go away but since update it stays there. Arghh!!
Any advice out there?
Thanks corduroy

ad3f1b65-c643-c3f4.jpg

It's not how far you go, it's how go you far!!!

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
thats auto sync. u can turn it off in settings

OP
nycorduroy

nycorduroy

Reaction score
Alright maybe I'm clueless but exactly where in settings?

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It depends on what's syncing. Do you have a face book account on your phone? Or some other social networking app.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
nycorduroy

nycorduroy

Reaction score
Nope I'm not big into an any of the social networking apps.

turdbogls

Reaction score
not sure where in settings it is located, but if you make some room on your home screen (4 across) and add the Power control widget, you can turn it off there....second from the right.

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score
I usually see it when I do a factory reset and then set up my gmail accounts. It usually shows up for me when it is syncing all of the mail/contacts/calendar and such, but then it goes away after a bit.

What you might do is go to settings/accounts and then look at the account that you have set up. If it is having trouble syncing something for a particular account, it will usually have a similar account next to the checkbox for that particular data type that you are syncing in the account.

OP
nycorduroy

nycorduroy

Reaction score
Still no luck. i've tried all suggestions. When phone is rebooted the little sync icon shows back up after a few minutes with the phone on.
It's driving me nuts!!!!

scf

Reaction score
Find a section of your screen where you have four open spots horizontally.
Long press/tap until "Add to Home screen" comes up.
Tap Widgets
Swipe down until you see "Power Control"
Tap on "Power Control"
Power Control widget will appear on your screen.
From left to right:
Wifi toggle, Bluetooth toggle, GPS toggle, Sync toggle, Brightness control
The Sync toggle is what causes the icon you're seeing. If you tap the Sync toggle so that the bar at the base of the toggle is "off", that icon should go away. Be aware though that you are terminating your sync with google servers, etc by doing this.

OP
nycorduroy

nycorduroy

Reaction score
Yeah that is the problem. I do not want to turn off sync. I want gmail to auto sync. Just don't know what is causing the sync icon to be there forever!!!

frederick001

Reaction score
I had a similar issue. Mine was related to Contacts Sync. After doing a lot of searching, I read that (using Titanium Backup) freezing Contact Sync got rid of it. I tried that and it worked.

It had to do with using Titanium Backup to restore user apps AND system data from an older version onto the newer update version.

I wasn't sure what impact freezing contact sync would have, so eventually i just reflashed the SBF and did user app restore only. The sync icon didn't reappear permanently when doing just the user app restore.

OP
nycorduroy

nycorduroy

Reaction score
Yup that's it. The f..ing contacts sync 2.2.1
But with no sbf of the recent update my only option would be to freeze it. Like you said, what are the negatives if I freeze it??? Will my google contacts (address book) no longer sync? Any other side effects?
I'm surprised no one else is having this problem after the update.
Does anyone have any other options to resolve this?

qman66

Reaction score
i have the same problem but i tried to turn off sync from power control and icon still there.