How do I get rid of Lock Screen Windows

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
So the stock lock screen has what appear to be different windows around it that can be pulled open to do various... i don't know whats. Is there a way to get rid of all that extra junk. I find myself swiping from high on the screen, near the clock, and it opens a window that wants me to do something, change the settings i guess. What i know is that I am having to swipe that window back up in order to swipe across the screen to unlock it. I don't want any of the extra junk on my screen, just the clock.
Thoughts? Is this something that I am stuck with unless i get another lock-screen or root?

OP
DroidBoardr

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
Yeah, its stock. I have GoLauncher, but it hasn't messed with the lock screen. I suppose technically it isn't a lock screen, because there is no lock, just the swipe to unlock. But it has the clock and date at the top of the screen, and when i grab that area, it pulls open a window that gives me the ability to change the settings of the clock on the lock screen, which i am not interested in. From some digging around i think that there is nothing that i can do if i want to have the clock, just have to not swipe around the top of the screen.
Cant imagine why this window thing is even an option.

jspradling7

Reaction score
Gimme a sec, I'll turn mine on and look. I think it's a setting called lockscreen widgets or something like that. BRB.

Settings - lockscreen - multiple widgets

Uncheck the box.

OP
DroidBoardr

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
I actually already have that box unchecked. I think that just prevents the side windows from opening if i had a message widget, or other, on the lockscreen. But as long as I want the clock widget, the related pull down window seems to be permanent. Thanks for the suggestion. I think i just need another lock screen.

jspradling7

Reaction score
If I turn dual clock off, then all I get when I pull down from the top of the lockscreen is the regular notification screen that I get anytime I pull down from the top of the screen. Have you tried Go Locker?

OP
DroidBoardr

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
Yeah, not the notification bar, more where the clock sits. If I press the clock, there is a white outline that opens around the widget, and you can pull expand the outline down and gives you a little square with a pencil? in it for clock options.... Instead of just unlocking the phone no matter where I pull. Pretty sure it is a 4.3 thing, and I suspect I am not conveying it very well, but regardless Go Locker is where I am headed.