how do I get picassa to sync into my gallery?

rustinq

Reaction score
The picassa account that is tied to my default gmail account does not give me the option to sync. I can share photos from my gallery to it, but it does not appear in my gallery.

I have another gmail account with a picassa acount tied to it and it does sync into my gallery.

I just want to know how to get my default account to have the option to sync picassa into the gallery. any ideas?

mozicodo

Reaction score
You can access the settings from Home -> Menu -> Settings -> Accounts & Sync Settings

Select the google account you want to sync with and one of the options is "Sync Picasa Web Albums"

I set up a google account just for my wife and I to share the same picasa album and disabled the other sync options for this account.

OP
R

rustinq

Reaction score
You can access the settings from Home -> Menu -> Settings -> Accounts & Sync Settings

Select the google account you want to sync with and one of the options is "Sync Picasa Web Albums"

I set up a google account just for my wife and I to share the same picasa album and disabled the other sync options for this account.

This is the part that is missing from my default Gmail account. When I set up my other account this option is there and I am able to sync the Picasa web ablums with that account. My primary gmail account does not give me that option.

jnd121

Reaction score
I have the exact same issue. Should I delete the default account and add it back?

mozicodo

Reaction score
Just checking, did you access Picasa via the web yet?

When I set up the shared account for my wife and myself, I tried to go into the Picasa PC app and sync with web albums first but it failed because I hadn't accessed the Picasa Web site yet.

brochaos

Reaction score
you have to setup your picasa account online first, then do a factory reset.

OP
R

rustinq

Reaction score
I am able to access the picasa account online from my phone but it still doesnt show up in the sync settings.

How do I do a soft reset, and what pain is it going to cause me to get back where I am at? I did a search for soft reset and I wasnt able to find anything. Obviously I am a noob. I am not rooted.

OP
R

rustinq

Reaction score
I did a soft reset and it still is not an option to select to sync the picasa photos on that Gmail account.

I can not remove that account and add it because it is my primary account. The part that really bothers me is, I know it is possible because i have it available from another gmail account.