How do I get notifications sound to be custom rather than the stock ones

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I used to have my Alarm set to the same Music as my Ringtone.

However now when I set the notifications sound it only gives the bleeps and stuff and it only does it once. Not much of an alarm.

How can I get my song to play over and over until I wake up? And how so I get my music into notifications?

Reaction score
I assume you set up your alarm through the clock app? If so, the tone is set on a per-alarm basis. Open the dialog to edit the specific alarm you want to change and it should have the time, vibrate, ringtone, and repeat options in that menu. ;)

And as far as the rest of your notification sounds (which are built in. excluding facebook, google voice, etc) you just go to Settings>Sound Settings>Notifications>Notification Ringtone

Last edited:
OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry I'm just overtired..

I expected my appointment to go off like an alarm rather than just a sound. I needed to set the alarm instead.

Big ass DUH.

OSX2000

Reaction score
If you don't already have custom ringtones, create a folder on your SD card titled, "media". Inside media, you want another folder titled, "audio". Inside audio, you can have 3 folders; "alarms", "notifications", & "ringtones". Drop whatever you want to wake up to into the alarms folder, and you're set. Full songs will play in their entirety.

Anything inside "media" will be ignored by the music player, and other apps.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I'm just a dope. I set it up as a calender notification and not as an alarm. A definite brain freeze. I have my music now set for all of the alarms and I will remember to set the alarm next time.

Thanks.