How Do I Gain Root Back?

aqworldthunder

Darth Droid
Reaction score
I found a solution, before updating copy your root file to your computer,update your phone then transfer file back to your phone simple or just backup your phone =D

-AqworldThunder ;) ^…^ ¶.¶ *.* Thank me if i helped please!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I found a solution, before updating copy your root file to your computer,update your phone then transfer file back to your phone simple or just backup your phone =D

Well, that's essentially what Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper does, but it's resident on the phone once installed and can not only protect root, but both unroot and reroot on the fly, no PC needed.

Why reinvent the wheel?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Reaction score
I'm going to give it a shot later today. Roll back and do everything but root and wait for ics

I am confused by this. From what I understand in your earlier post, you are on 173 but lost root. But then you say you are going to room back and do everything but root and wait for ics. So, if you have no plans to root, what reason would you have of rolling back?

cmk325i

Reaction score
I am confused by this. From what I understand in your earlier post, you are on 173 but lost root. But then you say you are going to room back and do everything but root and wait for ics. So, if you have no plans to root, what reason would you have of rolling back?

rite now my phone has the superuser icon but it will not let me run any rooted applications i plan on going back to stock just incase my phone has any issues and i have to bring it back to vz .