1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

how do i full flash my droid to cricket

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by tlolley82, Jun 19, 2010.

1. tlolley82

tlolley82 New Member

hey i was wondering how i can fullflash my droid to a service provider called cricket wireless.....can any one please help.....:greendroid:
  2. titans

titans Premium Member Premium Member

I don't think you can.
  3. tiggerxplur

tiggerxplur New Member

i have seen on google that you can cause its a cdma network but when i had cricket and wanted to flash over an altell phone anyone i went to said i would lose picture messaging and about half the other features not sure if you would lose browsing on it though just make sure to research it a bit and find someone thats trust worthy to flash it
  4. tlolley82

tlolley82 New Member

ive talked toalotof different flashing experts and the phone was previously fully flashed but when i bought it the girl who had the flash had reset the phone and guess that messed the flash up....they say they can do it but i was wondering if and how to do it myself...or where to find the steps on doing it......

thnks
  5. jlr2012

jlr2012 New Member

Well, I don't know how to flash the phone to cricket, but where I live there's a guy that did fully flash my droid and also root the phone 2.1 (ESE 53) SMOKED GLASS V6.0. An everything works, all the app, google, gps, but the internet speed with cricket is slow, so I use most of the time my wifi. He did charge me 75
  6. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose Super Moderator Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    If it is a Motorola Droid I think you can root it the same way those of us on Verizon have done it. This is because Cricket Wireless is owned by Verizon and they are also a CDMA format like Verizon.
  7. Blasian shadows

Blasian shadows New Member

Yea you can flash your droid to cricket and its pretty easy, you'll need hw serial port,cdma workshop 2.7 or higher and the latest drivers from motorola,now google"flash prl to droid" and the tuturial should be the first link,its actually on this site.follow each step and you'll have the basics for talk and text,once you have the prl flash you will need the esn added to metro,which is about 40 bucks,now for mms and web,you will need root. There is a tutorial for that as well.ill link you to it.

Edit:here's the link for the first tut. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-faqs/40348-howto-flash-droid-any-network-prl.html

Edit 2: just use this url it has everything you need:Motorola Droid Full Solution Updated
  8. Zargon

Zargon New Member

Cricket is owned by Leap Wireless, not Verizon.
  9. chrisngrod

chrisngrod New Member

Hey guys, just wanted you to know that a person I've been talking to has made a really helpful Android app for those trying to use the $45 plan.

It routes all the data through the proxy since it uses the code that u2nl and autostart provided. It sets up correct permissions and everything in just a couple of clicks (still called it a one click solution). You must have root access on your device just like you would need with u2nl and autostart.

You should always consider this over a proxy modification like the one built into the Android OS. 99 times out of 100 you will get better results.

[APP-BETA] greenK45 v1.0 - one click 3g internet/market for $45 plan
Search tags for this page
can i use my android if i switch to cricket?

can the droid dna be flashed to cricket

can you flash verizon droid to cricket

do i have to flash my droid 4 to use on cricket

droid mini flash to cricket

flash droid bionic to cricket

flash droid mini to cricket

flash verizon moto droid x cricket free
for free flash my droid razr from verizon to cricket
fully flash verizon phone to cricket kcmo

how much does cricket charge to flash androids

how much does it cost to flash a bionic to cricket

how to flash a verizon droid mini to cricket for free