How do I find, and place, a widget for facebook on my home page?

lincava

Reaction score
I downloaded facebook for my website. I cannot seem to find the widget for it, nor know how to put it on my homepage. The latter, if I can get it into Apps, is easy enough. But this is my first smartphone. I'm really lost as to where to look for supporting information. I've checked various support via verizon, to no avail.
Any suggestions I can try?
PS, upon adding facebook, a popup suggestions said I may want to add a widget to my home page. Seemed reasonable, but can't find the "how-to" info anywhere.

-Lin

Reaction score
I downloaded facebook for my website. I cannot seem to find the widget for it, nor know how to put it on my homepage. The latter, if I can get it into Apps, is easy enough. But this is my first smartphone. I'm really lost as to where to look for supporting information. I've checked various support via verizon, to no avail.
Any suggestions I can try?
PS, upon adding facebook, a popup suggestions said I may want to add a widget to my home page. Seemed reasonable, but can't find the "how-to" info anywhere.

-Lin

Aw... very simple really, theres 2 ways to do this. Your referring to the Facebook app.
The first is to hit your menu buuton on the left hand side of your controls, the 3 lines
Hit Add
You'll get some option to add app, shortcuts, widgets, folders, wallpaper.
Hit widgets
Another screen will pop up with scrollable menu.
Go down till you see facebook and tap on it.
Bam its on your screen.

The second part which is the same process except hold anywhere on the screen till you get the menu to go into widgets.

Hope this helps

OP
L

lincava

Reaction score
Thank you so much! The second part, I'm not clear about - until I get the menu to go into Widgets. But I will surely attempt this when the phone comes off the charger. a little later. I'll reply back and let you know. Again, many thanks.
Lin

Reaction score
Thank you so much! The second part, I'm not clear about - until I get the menu to go into Widgets. But I will surely attempt this when the phone comes off the charger. a little later. I'll reply back and let you know. Again, many thanks.
Lin

Sorry lost myself on the second part as well. I meant there's 2 way to bring up the menu at you home screen. Either hit the menu button then add or just long press the home screen.