How do I exit Handcent

sam_gordon

Reaction score
OK, I'm hoping I'm missing something obvious, but how do you exit Handcent SMS?

Here's the situation...

I'm doing something (could be browsing, playing music, playing a game) and I get a text. The Handcent SMS pop up come up and I click 'read' because I need to answer. I send the answer, then click 'back', and that takes me to the Handcent list. 'Back' again takes me to the message. I can get to the home page by clicking 'home', but then I have to click through whatever to get back to what I was doing. What am I missing?

TIA

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
The only thing I can think of right now as I don't have my phone right in front of me, is when it does this just long press the home key and select the app you were using prior to using handcent.

umi

Reaction score
what if I want that the pop-up sms dont appear on my screen ever, because if some one wants to check my phone, and then my personal sms pops out...this is really annoying..can any one please help to deactivate this pop up???? otherwise its an awesome application.

rwking

Reaction score
what if I want that the pop-up sms dont appear on my screen ever, because if some one wants to check my phone, and then my personal sms pops out...this is really annoying..can any one please help to deactivate this pop up???? otherwise its an awesome application.

Menu -> Settings -> Notifications -> Disable/Enable Popup is the first choice in the list. Don't send explicit texts and you won't be embarrassed if someone sees the reply. ;) hehehe Just pickin'.

*Edit* Incidentally, you can enable privacy mode which will only show the text in the popup after you unlock your phone.
Menu -> Settings -> Notifications -> Popup Settings -> Privacy Mode

rwking

Reaction score
Isn't there an X in the top right corner you can click?

Was this meant to be an obscure reference to Windows programs? I giggled thinking sarcasm may have been at work here. hehe

rwking

Reaction score
No sarcasm, was trying to help him.

Right on. I'm a Mac user, so whenever a PC user is on my computer for the first time, I always see them struggle with closing a program. They instinctively migrate towards the upper right hand corner. It's sort of funny how we get trained to do certain things. :D