How do I empty the trash folder?

Greg

Reaction score
How do I delete ALL the email in my trash folder on my Droid 1? I'm using the stock email program.

Do I have to do them one at a time? There's got to be a way to empty the entire folder, right?

PushJWC

Reaction score
GMail curiously lacks a "select all" function.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
Greg

Greg

Reaction score
You have to check them one by one and then delete all together

Sigh... ok. thanks. I was hoping there was a way to CHECK ALL. I have about 500 in my folder.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Not only there is no check all.. u should not do more then 10 a time cause if you get a phone while you are checking all of them... u have to start all over..
I would erase from a pc though and re-sync the account... should be easier.

StephenH

Reaction score
Not only there is no check all.. u should not do more then 10 a time cause if you get a phone while you are checking all of them... u have to start all over..
I would erase from a pc though and re-sync the account... should be easier.
That may work with an IMAP server, but if one is using the Email client with a POP server, once the message is downloaded, there is no sync that I know of. I too wish that they had a "select all" or, even better, an "empty trash" feature for the Email client. <sigh>

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
But if you delete the account, clean your folders to your satisfaction on a pc, add the account again and sync it.. should do the trick.. deleting and adding the account should be easier then deleting 500 emails.. dancedroid

greyghost04

Reaction score
I have 1800 emails in the trash. Are those emails taking up space in my internal memory or are they 'on the cloud' ?

PushJWC

Reaction score
They may be taking a small amount of space in the app's cache, but it seems that the trash folder isn't synchronized locally, so otherwise no.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

porsche996

Reaction score
I don't delete them out of the trash folder anymore; it self-purges after a set amount of time.

However, if you do need to delete them in mass, it's a lot easier from a computer, going through gmail.com's login. You can empty the trash can directly from there.