How do I edit my contact from a PC & not on phone?

King Bengals

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force -32G.
When I transferred all my contacts from ip5s to my new Moto Z Force I got all the people & ph#'s no problem but lost all the categories. All the numbers are listed as (other) instead of "home" "mobile" etc. Some people have 4 listing all as "other" & I dont know which us their primary #. I have the info on my iphone. I was trying to correct them one by one but that is going to be a pain to do on the phone. Since android doesnt use an itunes like manager when you plug in the phone how can I edit the contacts using a PC?
-Do I need a 3r party App on my laptop? if so can you suggest the best options?

- How do you do a full backup of an android phone?
Once i have my contacts, photos & other things organized on my moto id like to do some type of backup of the whole system incase something goes wrong. It was easy to do with itunes. I hope there is an easy way to do it with android too.

Thanks!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
If your Contacts are stored as Google Contacts then editing them from a computer is easy. You just log into your G Mail account and select Contacts. There is a find and merge duplicates feature, and editing is easy. Then they automatically stay in sync with any new phone you buy once you enter your G Mail account into any phone. If Verizon pulled them from your old phone into your Z Force they sometimes make a mess with Contacts and don't save them as Google Contacts, they save them as Phone Only (no syncing). Log into your G Mail account and see what Contacts are available and if the list is close to matching what's on your phone. If not there is a way to export from your phone and import into a computer and then get them all in sync.

As far as a full system backup, Android doesn't have anything like that yet. You have to back up all your pics, files and music yourself using apps or copying to a computer, etc. There is no option to just make a system backup.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

lijian

Banned
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei A9
You can use Android file manager tool to help you do a full backup of an android phone. It's easy and safe. You just need connect your android phone with PC via USB Cable, start the tool,then you can do the backup with one-click. Just search the details online.

Layss

Reaction score
Hi, you can use a mobile manager app to do so. I did this before, which might be helpful.
  1. I used Apowersoft Phone Manager to manage the contacts. I downloaded it on my PC.
  2. I connected my Android and iPhone to PC via USB cable. (This software supports managing multiple devices at the same time. And if you don't like USB connection, WiFi connection is also available)
  3. I firstly transferred iPhone contacts to PC and then click to manage Android. Under "Contacts" tab, I set up different groups according to the ones I set on my iPhone. After this, I transferred contacts from PC to Android.
  4. Click each contact, there is an edit icon, edit the contact and you can put each contact to the specific group.
I know it still seems a little bit complicated, but that is the best way I used for editing contacts from PC.

And hope it will help you.

aishiteru

Banned
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
Of course, you can **link removed***from a PC via usb cable with the help of Android Assisant tool. All contacts on your phone will be scanned out and listed on program window, then we can choose them to edit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Austin1818

Reaction score
Hi, you can use**link removed**It helps to manage your phone data including contacts. You can access and edit your contacts with it.

Last edited by a moderator: