How do I edit Facebook sync'd contacts?

ezeddiekun

Reaction score
I can't edit my contacts that are synced from facebook! Anyone know how? I need to edit them so I can add their phone number. Thanks

Vitticeps

Reaction score
You cant truly edit them. The only solution is to create a second contact with the exact same name with the contact info you want to add. The droid will instantly (and invisibly in the background) merge the 2 contacts. Going forward you will be able to edit that contact as normal.

chriskent85

Reaction score
adding just the contact name the same will not merge the contacts, you have to put the email address that is on there facebook account in the new contact info and then they will murge

OP
E

ezeddiekun

Reaction score
adding just the contact name the same will not merge the contacts, you have to put the email address that is on there facebook account in the new contact info and then they will murge

Damn this is gonna take ages. Most of my friends didn't put their phone number on facebook..

Vitticeps

Reaction score

Not true, it will merge them with identical names alone. I actually had a problem with this as I know two people named Brian Jackson and it merged their contacts (only one of them had an email address if it matters). I had to add middle initials to prevent it.

chriskent85

Reaction score
i just noticed that, but some of mine will have everything the same and it will only merge if i put the email in, dont know why, i changed one name to the same contact name and it murged and tried to do it with another contact today and it wouldnt

Catalyst_MX

Reaction score
Sorry for bringing back a dead topic but I wanna ask if you change the name of the contact after the merge then Facebook sync again and give you the contact again?

48Fan

Reaction score
edit or delete contacts

Install "GO Contacts" from the Google Play store.
You can edit or delete any contact, even Facebook contacts.

Android rules...
48Fan

Last edited: