1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

how do i download ringtone from text

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Eris' started by nursepotter05, Dec 5, 2009.

1. nursepotter05

nursepotter05 New Member

I bought a ring tone from verizon. It was sent in a text mail. I can't figure out how to set it as my ringtone. also, i downloaded ring droid, but i can't figure out how to record songs and stuff.
  2. zvrider

zvrider New Member

I did the same thing this morning, what you have to do is bring up the text message from Verizon, press and hold the message until a box opens, then press "save', then go to the music player and select the song ringtone, press the "menu" button and press "save as ringtone".
  3. New2u

New2u Super Moderator

I have been able to save the .mp3 or ringtone directly from the text as a ringtone. But yes it will work either way.
  4. zvrider

zvrider New Member

No luck here doing it that way, no option for "save as ringtone" directly from text message.
  5. New2u

New2u Super Moderator

Do you use stock sms, or do you use handcent or chompsms?
  6. zvrider

zvrider New Member

I am new to this stuff, I have no idea what you are talking about.
  7. nursepotter05

nursepotter05 New Member

zvrider,
    Thank you so much! Worked like a charm! I had been trying to figure this out for days!!:icon_ banana:
  8. sjleader

sjleader New Member

I dragged an MP3 from my laptop into the sim card and it came up as an option in the regular settings menu for default ringtone...
  9. djstar2k2

djstar2k2 New Member

for ringdroid to work the song has to be on the sd card 1st. i been using ringtone studio to make them then send to my sd card. but the ringtone studio is a software program i bought yrs ago. but its the easiest way to go
  10. dkofod

dkofod New Member

Thanks for this info! I was driving myself crazy trying to figure it out. I was able to press and hold on the text message and then selected "save as ringtone" then went into settings-sound & display and selected the ringtone.
  11. keith806

keith806 New Member

Thanks zvrider!!!!!!!!!
  12. springportjoe

springportjoe New Member

Press and hold message then "Copy attached to SD card". Then open "music", Ringtone will probably be under "Unknown artist". Press and hold selected song then "Use as Ringtone".

Bruce
  13. drea1440

drea1440 New Member

I'm having the same problem as a previous poster - when I press and hold on the text message, I don't have a 'save' option. I've tried it both on the stock sms and handcent. I've tried copying the attachment to my SD card and I have the Save MMS app that I used to save it.

How do I get it to show up under ringtones?
  14. springportjoe

springportjoe New Member

If you press and hold the text message and don't get the Message option "Copy attached to SD card" it may have gone directly to the card, depending on the format of the ringtone. Look in Music, Artists, Unknown artist, and see if you find it there. Then press and hold the ringtone and you should get the option to save as ringtone. Let me know.
  15. mcgt2006

mcgt2006 New Member

Ok, so I just got my Droid Eris yesterday. I've done everything that has been stated here and it doesn't work for me. I too downloaded a ringtone from Verizon, saved it to my SD card using the steps stated here but when I open it in the music player and hit the menu button nothing happens. No menu pops up at all. Also, if I click and hold on the mp3 in the selection window the only options I get are play or add to playlist.

In addition, I downloaded ringdroid and when I try to play the mp3 from Verizon I get an error msg "The application Ringdroid (process com.ringdroid) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

Any suggestions?

Thanks
  16. Loooney2ns

Loooney2ns New Member

I was doing it wrong. I was holding down the play button instead of the empty space next to it. Now it works great!
  17. whumpy

whumpy New Member

I have the exact same problem now as I have the latest DROID 4 model which I think is the newest and most current of all the models made by Motorola. I just came back from a 1 hr workshop at a local Verizon store and spoke with 2 different managers who were basically too busy and preoccupied to be of much help or assistance as they had other priorities than helping me! My plan is to go the actual store that sold me the phone initially and have them walk me through the steps and procedures regardless of how simple, involved, or time consuming the answer will be. The users guide by Motorola is way too vague, general, and irrelevant as it doesn't really go into much detail about resolving super technical and tricky problems. Like they say, the difficult ya do in a second but the impossible takes 7632 years and by that time, the battery dies too quickly when you're barely 27% of the way through the puzzle! I get tired of having to recharge the thing every 4 or 5 hrs. Motorola should have made a battery that lasts for days, not hrs. maybe we are better off with Indian smoke signals as a form of high technology. (just kidding of course but ya know what I mean, eh)
Search tags for this page
download ringtone from text
download ringtone from text message
droid message tone download
how do i save a ringtone on my droid
how do i save ringtones on my android
how to download a ringtone from a text message
how to download ringtone from text on droid
how to download ringtones from text messages
how to get a ringtone from text message to download on a dro

how to save a ringtone on a droid

how to save download ringtone