How do I downgrade from firmware version 98.18.94?

jimecv

Reaction score
I was just wondering if there is a way to downgrade from the above version to origional jellybean?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
There is no way that I am aware of. That version is still JB, it was just a minor maintenance update.

droideddie13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 6
I heard there is a way. You need rsd lite and the stock rom of your choice. The website Droid Developers got the Razr M roms and for other phones.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I thought the OP was asking how to uninstall the recent maintenance update (which updated the system version and not the Android version), back to stock Jelly Bean....not to go back to ICS.

Sent from my XT907 using Droid Forums

droideddie13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 6
I thought the OP was asking how to uninstall the recent maintenance update (which updated the system version and not the Android version), back to stock Jelly Bean....not to go back to ICS.

Sent from my XT907 using Droid Forums

You could also downgrade to the original Jellybean if you want to by following the instructions in this article http://www.phonearena.com/news/How-...-M-back-to-stock-ICS-from-the-JB-leak_id35580 You just have to make sure to use the Jellybean file instead of the ICS file.

Last edited:

eagle132

Reaction score
You could also downgrade to the original Jellybean if you want to by following the instructions in this article How to restore your Motorola DROID RAZR M back to stock ICS from the JB leak You just have to make sure to use the Jellybean file instead of the ICS file.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've read that methods like this do not work with the latest update (which was included in the thread title). I sure wish they did because I have a unrooted, locked bootloader M on 98.18.94, but everything I've read says you cannot.

droideddie13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 6
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've read that methods like this do not work with the latest update (which was included in the thread title). I sure wish they did because I have a unrooted, locked bootloader M on 98.18.94, but everything I've read says you cannot.

Where did you read this? I am pretty sure it has to work because I have read that you can only flash Motorola official firmware with a locked bootloader. What I mean by this is that you can't flash custom roms like Cyanogenmod. You can only flash official stock roms. Here read this : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2473222 and this https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/91987/p/1449,8620

Last edited:

eagle132

Reaction score
Those posts are from October- 98.18.94 is the November build for the XT907 which I have been told disabled downgrading. However, check the other thread on this sub forum about rooting 98.18.94- I just replied there with some potentially exciting news!