How do I disable a download?

MTsang

Reaction score
I have a problem disable a photo download. It's been downloading since Thursday, 7/26 and I couldn't stop it from downloading. I try to long press it and it wont do. I went to my download folder there is nothing there. I check my Advance task killer app & there is no download activity to be kill. I try to everything even remove battery restart many times and the photo download just wont go away, this is very annoying because it is eating up my battery. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Try going to your app drawer & select the "Downloads" apps. Once opened, you should see boxes to the left of the items. Selecting those will bring up an option to delete them.

OP
M

MTsang

Reaction score
Normally that would work, but there is absolutely nothing in my app drawer to disable because the download is still in process.
The app drawer will only show item and are download completed.
Btw, I own a Samsung Galaxy Nexus, I am beginning to see issues like it power off by itself and restart once in a while, but my major issue is still trying to figure out how to stop the download from processing.
Thanks

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
Should look like this, even if it's still downloading
Screenshot_2012-07-29-07-46-58.png

How did this all start? Was it something you were trying to download or something that started on its own?

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS

OP
M

MTsang

Reaction score
I know, that was what frustrated me. It all started with I am trying to download a photo attachment my friend sent me on email. The first download I try to save didn't go through it just keep downloading.....so I keep trying for the second download and finally completed. It was just a regular photo. However, the first download was never completed and still in process.
I am thinking of taking to verizon to have them check it out. I don't understand why there is nothing in my download drawer even its still processing. How do I take a screenshot with my Samsung Galaxy Nexus? This been going on since this past Thursday...sigh

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
Press Power & the Volume Down button, at the same time, & hold it for a second to take a screen shot.

OP
M

MTsang

Reaction score
View attachment 53734

View attachment 53735

See attached, this is a tough one to solve. I even stop a lot of running apps and delete some of the apps I don't use so far nothing works, but thx for showing me how to take a screenshot on this phone.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
Yeah, that is weird. When I download something from gmail, it shows in Downloads. Hopefully someone with a better explanation will come along.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Well this is strange.

Perhaps try this:

- Go into Settings > Apps > All (tab at top)
- Scroll down to to Download Manager and/or Downloads
- Force stop them, then clear the cache. If this works, you can skip the next step. This option may not be available.
- If cache doesn't exist, or it didn't work clear the data.
- Reboot the phone.

adwij

Reaction score
I tried the last solution and got it work to finally stop my whole day triggering download icon....thank you.