How do I delete just over 4,500 text messages at once?

Sandlotje

Reaction score
Hey there, I had miq live on my BB Storm for about a year. Today I loaded the app onto my Droid X and went to the website to change phones. The dialogue box indicated that it was going to sync back a couple of items, but I only noticed the contacts part. Little did I know it was going to try to sync all of the text messages it had ever backed up to the server!! By the time I figured out how many texts it was putting onto the Droid it was already at 4000. By the time I got it to stop syncing it was at just over 4,500. Now whenever I go to open a text the phone freezes pretty badly -- sometimes I have to reboot it, but no matter what I cannot read any texts or delete them from the standard options. I checked the market, but didn't see anything interesting. I hooked it up to the computer and could not find a folder on the phone that contains the texts. How do I get rid of them?? My phone is rooted if it makes any difference to suggestions. Thank you! :)

OP
S

Sandlotje

Reaction score
Well, I found the answer after a bit more searching. Turns out there's an app called Delete Old Messages (go figure), and it is doing the job. Apparently the app says it is going to delete 9,860 texts -- just a few more than what I like to keep on my phone. lol. Anyway, keep that in mind for MiqLive when switching phones.